PDA

View Full Version : Week 3- Increase The Growth Rate of Your Hair

NJoy
11-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Okay! It's time to speed things up around here.

And by that, I mean your hair's growth rate as well as moving along the challenge. We're almost at the end of our first 30 days. We've aligned our thinking with our growth goals and are visualizing those goals. Now it's time to take action!

"Faith without works is dead" ~ James 2:17

To begin, take a few minutes to read over Hair Growth Basics 101 (http://mydivaspot.com/wp/?p=21913).

Ok! Let's Do It

This Week's Directives (Let's Do It!)

Stimulating Growth

As discussed, capillaries, or tiny blood vessels, nourish hair follicles by bringing nutrient- and oxygen-rich blood to the lower layers of epidermal cells. This is the fuel that gets the follicles to do what they do -- grow hair. In this challenge, we will use the following methods to increase blood flow to the scalp:

Scalp massage

Not only does massaging the scalp increase blood flow to the scalp but, it also helps to relieve stress, which causes hair fall or hair stalls. To massage NJoy's Hair Growth Oil for optimal growth, apply the hair growth oil a section at a time and massage onto your scalp. Start from the base of the neck by applying gentle pressure with your finger in a circular motion. Work your way slowly up to the hairline. Repeat this process a couple of times, slowly increasing the pressure on the scalp. Use the palms of the hand to gently massage the entire scalp, back of the head and the temple. By interlacing the fingers of your hand across your head, the heel of your palms can be used to move the entire scalp back and forth and side to side. You can also reach with all your fingers into your hair and gently pull on it and release. Squeeze and release several time, remembering no to pull too hard. At the end of the massage, tap your fingers through the hair.

Stimulating herbs and oils

NJoy's Long & Healthy Hair Growth Oil is formulated with several ingredients known for stimulating blood flow and increasing hair growth. Again, the more you stimulate blood flow, the more your follicles are stimulated to grow hair. The following increases growth by helping reactivate dormant hair follicles, moving them from the dormant phase into the growth phase and increases blood circulation to the scalp:

Bhringraj (eclipta alba)
Capsicum
Rosemary
Sage
Ginger
Peppermint oil
Castor oil

All of these ingredients are found in NJoy's Long & Healthy Hair Growth Oil and, coupled with its massage application, strengthens the hair follicles and stimulates hair growth. Massage the hair growth oil onto your scalp daily, or at least every other day for at least 5 minutes. If you apply the oil every other day, still make sure that you get in a daily scalp massage.

Gravity

You may have heard of the Inversion Method for hair growth. I can't say that I've ever really used this method but, it does make sense. You can direct blood flow to your scalp if you lower your head by bending forward or lying with your head below your heart level. You will find that there are a few yoga poses that can help with inversion. With the Inversion Method, make sure that you brace yourself, as you may become dizzy in inverted positions. Initially, you may want to invert for a shorter period, return to upright position, breathe and then repeat for a 4-5 minute duration. You can invert while massaging your Hair Growth Oil onto your scalp. It's said that inversion should only be used for one week out of each month for results.

How to apply NJoy's Hair Growth Oil and explanation of the "tingles"

http://youtu.be/Gh85T6UUK0g

Stimulating growth is a daily requirement of the Supercharge Your Hair Growth Series.

Remember, it's important to actively participate in this challenge by doing the assignments given in the weekly directives. Let's go hard with doing all that we can do to promote healthy hair growth and to increase our normal growth rate. Track your progress by posting in the forums. I'd like to see more open participation. I'm still getting a lot of behind-the-scenes communication and not enough chatter in the forums. Don't be shy. This is the time to make bold declarations and to take bold action to reach your hair goals for this Challenge.

I'm excited to have you and look forward to sharing more ways to increase your hair's growth rate. Take advantage of a special Member's Only discount through the month of October, 2014:

20% Off any NJoy Essentials Hair Growth Oil

coupon code: SCHG14

I hope you're getting great growth this month. Let us know how you're doing. Share an update in NJoy's Long & Healthy Hair Growth Challenge Thread.

Natural
11-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Hi Ladies,

I have a quick question. I know scalp massages are important to stimulant blood flow and hair growth but what if you have your hair in a protective style and want to avoid daily manipulation of your hair which is also very important? I wear buns a lot and tuck roll and pin styles which are simple and easy to take down to do a scalp massage but that would require me to redo my hair everyday. I thought daily or even every other day manipulation of the hair was bad. Thoughts please.thank you!

Okay! It's time to speed things up around here.

And by that, I mean your hair's growth rate as well as moving along the challenge. We're almost at the end of our first 30 days. We've aligned our thinking with our growth goals and are visualizing those goals. Now it's time to take action!

"Faith without works is dead" ~ James 2:17

To begin, take a few minutes to read over Hair Growth Basics 101 (http://mydivaspot.com/wp/?p=21913).

Ok! Let's Do It

This Week's Directives (Let's Do It!)

Stimulating Growth

As discussed, capillaries, or tiny blood vessels, nourish hair follicles by bringing nutrient- and oxygen-rich blood to the lower layers of epidermal cells. This is the fuel that gets the follicles to do what they do -- grow hair. In this challenge, we will use the following methods to increase blood flow to the scalp:

Scalp massage

Not only does massaging the scalp increase blood flow to the scalp but, it also helps to relieve stress, which causes hair fall or hair stalls. To massage NJoy's Hair Growth Oil for optimal growth, apply the hair growth oil a section at a time and massage onto your scalp. Start from the base of the neck by applying gentle pressure with your finger in a circular motion. Work your way slowly up to the hairline. Repeat this process a couple of times, slowly increasing the pressure on the scalp. Use the palms of the hand to gently massage the entire scalp, back of the head and the temple. By interlacing the fingers of your hand across your head, the heel of your palms can be used to move the entire scalp back and forth and side to side. You can also reach with all your fingers into your hair and gently pull on it and release. Squeeze and release several time, remembering no to pull too hard. At the end of the massage, tap your fingers through the hair.

Stimulating herbs and oils

NJoy's Long & Healthy Hair Growth Oil is formulated with several ingredients known for stimulating blood flow and increasing hair growth. Again, the more you stimulate blood flow, the more your follicles are stimulated to grow hair. The following increases growth by helping reactivate dormant hair follicles, moving them from the dormant phase into the growth phase and increases blood circulation to the scalp:

Bhringraj (eclipta alba)
Capsicum
Rosemary
Sage
Ginger
Peppermint oil
Castor oil

All of these ingredients are found in NJoy's Long & Healthy Hair Growth Oil and, coupled with its massage application, strengthens the hair follicles and stimulates hair growth. Massage the hair growth oil onto your scalp daily, or at least every other day for at least 5 minutes. If you apply the oil every other day, still make sure that you get in a daily scalp massage.

Gravity

You may have heard of the Inversion Method for hair growth. I can't say that I've ever really used this method but, it does make sense. You can direct blood flow to your scalp if you lower your head by bending forward or lying with your head below your heart level. You will find that there are a few yoga poses that can help with inversion. With the Inversion Method, make sure that you brace yourself, as you may become dizzy in inverted positions. Initially, you may want to invert for a shorter period, return to upright position, breathe and then repeat for a 4-5 minute duration. You can invert while massaging your Hair Growth Oil onto your scalp. It's said that inversion should only be used for one week out of each month for results.

How to apply NJoy's Hair Growth Oil and explanation of the "tingles"

http://youtu.be/Gh85T6UUK0g

Stimulating growth is a daily requirement of the Supercharge Your Hair Growth Series.

Remember, it's important to actively participate in this challenge by doing the assignments given in the weekly directives. Let's go hard with doing all that we can do to promote healthy hair growth and to increase our normal growth rate. Track your progress by posting in the forums. I'd like to see more open participation. I'm still getting a lot of behind-the-scenes communication and not enough chatter in the forums. Don't be shy. This is the time to make bold declarations and to take bold action to reach your hair goals for this Challenge.

I'm excited to have you and look forward to sharing more ways to increase your hair's growth rate. Take advantage of a special Member's Only discount through the month of October, 2014:

20% Off any NJoy Essentials Hair Growth Oil

coupon code: SCHG14

I hope you're getting great growth this month. Let us know how you're doing. Share an update in NJoy's Long & Healthy Hair Growth Challenge Thread.

NJoy
11-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Hi Ladies,

I have a quick question. I know scalp massages are important to stimulant blood flow and hair growth but what if you have your hair in a protective style and want to avoid daily manipulation of your hair which is also very important? I wear buns a lot and tuck roll and pin styles which are simple and easy to take down to do a scalp massage but that would require me to redo my hair everyday. I thought daily or even every other day manipulation of the hair was bad. Thoughts please.thank you!

Good question. When I don't want to take my hair down, I do massage over a scarf, to keep from scrambling my hair. You can still stimulate the scalp by interlacing your fingers together and using the heels of your hands to squeeze and move the scalp or you can weave pat your scalp over the scarf. It's tricky trying to describe in in print. I'm actually doing the process and then trying to describe what I'm doing and lol'g at myself thinking that I'm sounding crazy. I'll throw together a video with a few scalp massage techniques for loose hair, braided hair, etc. Main thing is that you want to get circulation to the scalp.

Another think that works is to just press your fingers firmly and move the scalp around without scrambling the hair. The trick is to cover your hair with a scarf to keep your style in place.

Sis, does that make sense or am I rambling. :giggling: I'll try to get a video up tonight or tomorrow.

Natural
11-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Thank you! I'll try that. It makes a lot of sense.
QUOTE=NJoy;4556]Good question. When I don't want to take my hair down, I do massage over a scarf, to keep from scrambling my hair. You can still stimulate the scalp by interlacing your fingers together and using the heels of your hands to squeeze and move the scalp or you can weave pat your scalp over the scarf. It's tricky trying to describe in in print. I'm actually doing the process and then trying to describe what I'm doing and lol'g at myself thinking that I'm sounding crazy. I'll throw together a video with a few scalp massage techniques for loose hair, braided hair, etc. Main thing is that you want to get circulation to the scalp.

Another think that works is to just press your fingers firmly and move the scalp around without scrambling the hair. The trick is to cover your hair with a scarf to keep your style in place.

Sis, does that make sense or am I rambling. :giggling: I'll try to get a video up tonight or tomorrow.[/QUOTE]