PDA

View Full Version : New Member

sdeloris37
08-06-2013, 03:02 PM
I'm excited to finally be a member of this forum. My goal is to grow my hair back to where it was before I cut it, which was MBL. I've always had long hair as a relaxed head and natural. I got my first relaxer when I was 14, I believe. My family thought it was the worst mistake of my life, which now as an adult, it really was, but when you're a teenager, you want that straight hair. My natural was kinky and the only way to get it straight was press it out. Yes, I got the wash and press for years.

Once I got a relaxer, my hair broke off since I didn't stick to one stylist. It seems as if each stylist I was going to didn't know how to do hair. :sosad: So I finally found one who I was satisfied with in 2004, I believe. I was 24 and my hair was probably APL, but thick. It was in bad shape. She got it back in shape and in 2009, my hair was MBL. I went to her every 3 weeks and got my touch ups every 12 weeks. She greased my scalp too. So, grease isn't that bad, even though, I don't use it anymore.

In 2009, I decided to go natural, so I transitioned for 6 months. I had a good amount of growth, but I still wasn't happy. So I relaxed it two months later. :tuttut: I missed my natural hair and cut it again after two more months. This was a pattern of mine for a few months. Well, in 2012, I decided to go bald. I always wanted really, really short hair. I let it grow out for a few months until I cut it again. I have been doing this for a year now. Now, I'm bald again and I really am serious about growing it out. I just started using a sulfur mix this week. So I'm going to use that 3 times a week and moisturize in between. I don't have any length right now since I'm bald headed. lol. I hope to get some soon.

NJoy
08-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Welcome Sis. I admire you for being able to go bald. I think it's such a bold and confident statement...if you have the right head for it. My head would NOT be pleasant bald. But over the past weekend, I attended an event and saw at least 4 bald sisters. Wow! And you KNOW they were rocking it too. :infatuated:

Well, I'm glad you joined us so that we can watch your hair grow out to your goal length. I'm excited! :yay:

sdeloris37
08-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Thanks. I cut it bald a lot because it gets so dry b/c I have a bad habit of washing my hair every day with sulfate free shampoo. But now, I only co-wash whenever I use the sulfur mix.

Tink
08-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Welcome! I'm looking forward to stalking, I mean watching your progress =)

sdeloris37
08-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Welcome! I'm looking forward to stalking, I mean watching your progress =)

LOL. Thanks! No stalking. :tuttut:

NJoy
08-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Thanks. I cut it bald a lot because it gets so dry b/c I have a bad habit of washing my hair every day with sulfate free shampoo. But now, I only co-wash whenever I use the sulfur mix.

I think you're going to find that the oil will renew the health of your scalp. :)