PDA

View Full Version : Hi divas

shellyma12
11-06-2012, 03:19 AM
I'm new to this group and so far I like what I am seeing and learning. I hope I can attain my goals of growing out my hair like njoy and all the other ladies on this forum.:yay:

Tink
11-06-2012, 07:22 AM
I agree! Consistency is key and it really helps to have the support of fellow divas! Happy hair growing =)

NJoy
11-06-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm new to this group and so far I like what I am seeing and learning. I hope I can attain my goals of growing out my hair like njoy and all the other ladies on this forum.:yay:

Welcome, Diva! I'm looking forward to learning more about where you are, your goals and cheering you on along the way. HHG! :bighug:

shellyma12
11-07-2012, 03:03 AM
Hi. Njoy
I have natural shoulder lenght hair and this is the first my hair has been this long. I am desperate to see my hair grow longer. I first heard about this forum from youtube and I wanted to try your sulfur oil to help me grow out my hair. I am tired of watching videos on youtube of people doing things to grow out their hair only to find out that it does not work for me. I hope this works.

NJoy
11-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Hi. Njoy
I have natural shoulder lenght hair and this is the first my hair has been this long. I am desperate to see my hair grow longer. I first heard about this forum from youtube and I wanted to try your sulfur oil to help me grow out my hair. I am tired of watching videos on youtube of people doing things to grow out their hair only to find out that it does not work for me. I hope this works.

Hi Shellyma12. :hiya: I hope it works for you too. When I started my hhj in 2010, I wanted something -anything - to work for me too. First of all, I never knew that my hair could grow any longer than SL, with a raggedy apl being my longest length. When I realized that ladies were encouraging their hair to grow to long lengths, it changed the way I thought about my hair. I felt, if it could be done, I'd be dedicated enought to do it too. So, an important thing for me was the fact that I BELIEVED that it was doable. I'm a strong believer in if you think you can't, you won't. All that to say, you have to go into anything with a positive expectation.

My focus was 2 things: keeping my scalp happy and healthy and, protecting my ends. I had to grow hair from a healthy scalp and retain my length by protective styling. These things together, with good haircare practices and regular applications of my growth mix allowed me to maximize my growth.

I've since BC'd and gone natural in September and am in the process of growing my hair out again. I'd be happy to share any info with you as we get our grow on. I'll be as helpful as I can. This is do-able. So, let's do it! Don't be anxious or desperate. Be thankful for what you have and look forward to much more.

Oh, and take pics. It's one thing to see someone else's progress. But it's VERY encouraging and motivating to see your own. In the beginning, I was doing length checks every month. That often is not necessary but, just being able to see your hair growing will have an amazing impact on your growth. Especially when it feels like you're not growing much at all. The pics won't lie.

Join the sulfur challenge and/or the November Go Hard Challenge, and let's get this party started. :yay: You can do this! :yahoo: