PDA

View Full Version : OCTOBER GO HARD CHALLENGE! Come on in!

NJoy
10-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Let's get this party started right! We did a great job in September. But now it's OCTOBER, baby!

Time to set new goals, a new plan and make it happen.

Let me just add, there are 5 full months left in this year. At .5" a month, you can have another 2.5" added to your length. Where would that put you? Or, how about 1" a month? How'd you like to find yourself 5 inches longer at the end of the year? If this sounds good, then you'll need to put forth the effort and plan to get there. Let's do this! August can bring us thicker, longer, healthier hair in just one month!

Or, how about slimming down this month. How'd you like to be 10 or 15 pounds lighter? Or lose a dress size or two? In just one month! And what about your skin, your nails, your career goals, reading more books, writing a few chapters in your new book? What else can you do in a whole month. A LOT!!! So, let's do it!

Name it and claim it! We're getting it done in October so, chime in to let us know who's in. Who's not afraid of a little accountability? It could make the difference between "I made it!" and "I could've done better".

We can do this! So let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

NJoy
10-06-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm a little behind schedule getting this thread up (thanks for the reminder FoxyLocks).

Well, I should be able to measure growth this month now that the Chop is over. I'm hoping to do at least an inch. Also, I'm focusing on my skin and hoping to get down to 159 lbs. I'm down to 163 now.

I've signed up for Bikram Yoga. I'm hoping that will help me to tone up. Another benefit is increased circulation so, I'm hoping that helps with hair growth and my skin.

I'm still using my Nutribullet, but not as faithfully as when I first started. I've started being more regular over the past few days. I'm drinking at least 86 oz of water daily and plan to continue with that. And I'm also drinking lean protein shakes.

NJoy
10-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Starting Bikram Yoga tomorrow. I'm VERY excited!

Took my twists down last night, m&s and braided down in four cornrows. Feels good.

Tink
10-08-2012, 08:33 AM
I'm so sorry I've been MIA but I haven't forgotten y'all. I never did post my results from the August challenge and I was so busy in September that I never joined that one! I was sooo close to my weight goal for August! I missed it by half a pound! I am now at 154lbs and my goal is to lose 4lbs which would put me at 150 by the end of the month. I got a relaxer yesterday and barely retained an inch of growth. My ends don't look good but I can only blame myself for not being consistent with my regimen. I'm just thankful I didn't lose length! Okay, let me put my goals in list format:
Fitness
1. Lose 4lbs
2. Drink at least 64oz water daily
3. Exercise at least 5 days/week
4. Take vitamins consistently
5. Include more fruits & veggies in diet

Hair
1. Search & Destroy split ends
2. Consistently moisturize & seal
3. Consistently apply sulfur mix
4. Protective style except for church/special occasion
5. Weekly deep condition
6. Henna before the month is out

NJoy
10-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Glad to have you back, Tink. um... feel free to post pics of your freshly relaxed hair. You know I'm pic greedy. :cool:

We're in the last quarter of this year. We seriously have to go hard to finish the year out right.

I'm excited because my back is looking great! I've hoped to get rid of these perma-rolls but haven't really been doing much about it. But, I think drinking all of this water is helping or something. And I'm hoping the Bikram Yoga will tone me up too. But, looking at myself in the mirror, I think I'm gonna finish this year out the way that I saw it at the beginning of the year.

Girl, I've BC'd while you were gone and am LOVING my hair. I've started back with ps'g because I was having a ball playing in my curlies. Who knew I'd have curlies? :question: Now I'm back in grow mode. Wow! I can only imagine what my hair is gonna look like in 2013. Maybe I'll start looking for inspiration pics for that. :yay:

Serenity
10-08-2012, 12:59 PM
I just got a new install today. I'm hoping to get nice growth giiving my hair a rest. I'll still be applying njoy's growth mix sparingly. My hair grew like weeds last month using it. I just didn't know how to style it anymore. So, I plan to keep it weaved up through the colder months, letting it rest for a week between installs.

Njoy. Did you see my PM?

MsDarling
10-09-2012, 01:18 AM
I'm in!
I keep trying, but why not?

For October I will:

-Apply to at least 7 jobs
-Cut dairy out
-Not slack on my skincare
-Make at least 1 new video
-Write at least half of my final paper
-Clean my room (I let it go and it's a mess)
-Bring in my cash saving goal
-Do something/or go somewhere new
-Organize all my belonging and get rid of things I never use/need

I'm leaving my hair out of my list, it's growing along well.:clap2:

NJoy
10-12-2012, 12:40 AM
I just got a new install today. I'm hoping to get nice growth giiving my hair a rest. I'll still be applying njoy's growth mix sparingly. My hair grew like weeds last month using it. I just didn't know how to style it anymore. So, I plan to keep it weaved up through the colder months, letting it rest for a week between installs.

Njoy. Did you see my PM?

I responded. Forgot to respond here tho. :doh:

NJoy
10-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Well, I've done 3 days of Bikram yoga in a row. Didn't go today because my Aunt had a serious surgery and I was worried and wanted to be accessible. Tomorrow, I may or may not go because of a dr's appointment but, I really want to stay on it. It's tough in that heat but, I feel great and I'm sure the increased circulation will be good overall.

I took a sneak peek at my growth and I'm pretty pleased with what I have at 3 weeks post BC. I'm really hoping to close this year out well.

NJoy
10-16-2012, 09:15 AM
I'm loving Bikram yoga. I'm still trying to get used to that heat but, I feel good afterwards and really njoy the increased circulation and sweat. I'm drenched by the end of the 90 minute session. But wow! I'm doing 90 minutes in heat! Who would'a thunk it?

I'm down to 162 lbs. Inching towards my 159 goal. And my water intake has been on point. In fact, I've been exceeding my goal doing 94-101 oz instead of 84 oz. I think the extra is needed to compensate for the fluids lost during yogo.

As for my hair, I am in desperate need of indigo. I have grays feeling free to sprout out, unchecked. Gotta be honest, I love the results but, I hate the process of henna and indigo. It's such a lengthy process. But, I'm gonna do it. I think I want to do an avocado hair mask for optimum moisture before I henna and maybe even afterwards. This will be my first time using henna on natural hair. It'll be interesting to see how my hair reacts. Wish me luck.

Meantime, my hair seems to be doing well.

MsDarling
10-20-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm in!
I keep trying, but why not?

For October I will:

-Apply to at least 7 jobs
-Cut dairy out
-Not slack on my skincare
-Make at least 1 new video
-Write at least half of my final paper
-Clean my room (I let it go and it's a mess)
-Bring in my cash saving goal
-Do something/or go somewhere new
-Organize all my belonging and get rid of things I never use/need

I'm leaving my hair out of my list, it's growing along well.:clap2:

So far, I've applied to one job, but have high hopes.
I've been pretty good with avoiding dairy, but I've definitely have eaten far too much coconut and almond milk yogurts are a replacement. I know it's mental and will pass.
I started using turmeric because Njoy's skin looks so soft and clear and I was like I need re-visit it and be consistent, so far, it's better than mu past attempt because I mix yogurt in and it really softens my skin. I think it's working.
Haven't made a video this month, but there's always a possibility.
My cash saving has been bad so far as I haven't had a chance to work because my free-job a.k.a. internship has eaten up a lot of my energy/time.
I haven't gone anywhere new, unless you count Hale & Hearty, I'm hooked on their soups why'd it take me so long to try them?
I cleared my room up considerably, but the useless stuff is still around.

Off-goal list: Now I take a real bath/not shower every Friday, I do this whenever the whether starts getting colder, I did a lavender bath bomb and colloidal oatmeal soak last night. Heaven. Week before was Epsom salts and prior was a Lush bathbomb, I deserve it!

NJoy
10-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Wow. Thanks for the soft and clear skin comment Ms.Darling (as I bat my eyelashes :giggling:)

I've been doing a great job with drinking water. I've been doing at least 94 oz a day, where my actual goal is 84 oz. So, I'm pleased with that. Adn, since I'm drinking so much so consistently, I've decided to try adding biotin back to my regi. I've long since stopped taking it because the brewakouts were ferocious. We'll see how that goes. I don't want to have to clear up breakout spots again. I blemish so easily.

My weight has gone down to 162 but yoyo's back up to 164. probably because of all the water I'm drinking. Either way, I'm pleased with how my body is toning up.

I'm goin gto have to pause on the Bikram yoga because of my injuries from Thursday's car accident. (I got hit from behind) That's a bummer. I was just getting used to the heat. Now I feel like I'm going to have to start all over again. Ah well...

I did a length check today since it's been one month since my BC. I posted those pics in my blog. Take a peek if you get a chance. Not bad, says I. :cool:

Blessing
10-26-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm goin gto have to pause on the Bikram yoga because of my injuries from Thursday's car accident. (I got hit from behind) That's a bummer. I was just getting used to the heat. Now I feel like I'm going to have to start all over again. Ah well...

I did a length check today since it's been one month since my BC. I posted those pics in my blog. Take a peek if you get a chance. Not bad, says I. :cool:

So sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are fine.

NJoy
10-27-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm really feeling good about this month. Sure, I won't get to finish the month out with my Bikram Yoga but, I'm definitely looking like I"ve made excellent progress this month.

Remember, the format will be different starting next month but, I'll still have a monthly "Go Hard" challenge going. Hey. I have goals to meet. And I will -- Month by month.

MsDarling
10-31-2012, 10:06 PM
So far, I've applied to one job, but have high hopes.
I've been pretty good with avoiding dairy, but I've definitely have eaten far too much coconut and almond milk yogurts are a replacement. I know it's mental and will pass.
I started using turmeric because Njoy's skin looks so soft and clear and I was like I need re-visit it and be consistent, so far, it's better than mu past attempt because I mix yogurt in and it really softens my skin. I think it's working.
Haven't made a video this month, but there's always a possibility.
My cash saving has been bad so far as I haven't had a chance to work because my free-job a.k.a. internship has eaten up a lot of my energy/time.
I haven't gone anywhere new, unless you count Hale & Hearty, I'm hooked on their soups why'd it take me so long to try them?
I cleared my room up considerably, but the useless stuff is still around.

Off-goal list: Now I take a real bath/not shower every Friday, I do this whenever the whether starts getting colder, I did a lavender bath bomb and colloidal oatmeal soak last night. Heaven. Week before was Epsom salts and prior was a Lush bathbomb, I deserve it!

Okay, so I got power back this morning. Yay!

I was trying to make it to 7 jobs applied, but only applied to 4 for the month, may apply to one more tonight, it's still October.
I did skimp on my no-dairy yesterday and today, my eating habits have been thrown out whack from living in the dark for two days.
I have been doing turmeric masks, and really like them now, the yogurt seems to make all the difference. Matter of fact as soon I had water/heat to take a shower this morning I did a mask, oh vanity.
I did work this past Saturday, so I'll have a few bucks to save. I really need to get down to business with making money/saving next in November, I want to take a trip with my significant other, plus add to my cash stash, need to do both.
I started filming some video stuff a week ago, but didn't make the time to follow through.
I didn't make time to go anywhere new, except my discovery of Hale&Hearty and their delicious soups.
My room is in decent shape, but I could do better.

I will really push next month, have to do better. Going to put my November list together tonight.

NJoy
11-01-2012, 01:50 AM
Okay, so I got power back this morning. Yay!

I was trying to make it to 7 jobs applied, but only applied to 4 for the month, may apply to one more tonight, it's still October.
I did skimp on my no-dairy yesterday and today, my eating habits have been thrown out whack from living in the dark for two days.
I have been doing turmeric masks, and really like them now, the yogurt seems to make all the difference. Matter of fact as soon I had water/heat to take a shower this morning I did a mask, oh vanity.
I did work this past Saturday, so I'll have a few bucks to save. I really need to get down to business with making money/saving next in November, I want to take a trip with my significant other, plus add to my cash stash, need to do both.
I started filming some video stuff a week ago, but didn't make the time to follow through.
I didn't make time to go anywhere new, except my discovery of Hale&Hearty and their delicious soups.
My room is in decent shape, but I could do better.

I will really push next month, have to do better. Going to put my November list together tonight.

I'm glad you're ok. I can't imagine living 2 days without power...or the internet! Welcome back. :hug2:

MsDarling
11-02-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm glad you're ok. I can't imagine living 2 days without power...or the internet! Welcome back. :hug2:

Thanks, NJoy, I'll never take electricity for granted again, this was the longest black I've been through.

NJoy
11-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Thanks, NJoy, I'll never take electricity for granted again, this was the longest black I've been through.

And you know what I also worried about? Crime going up during a major blackout. I don't know if I would've been able to sleep. How was that where you are? I saw that some of the commercial businesses were being looted. But, was there increased police presence in residential areas?

And, girl! NO internet? How did you ever survive? I couldn't rest, worrying about my NJ/NY family that I couldn't get in touch with. And I'm praying for those still with no power. I just can't begin to imagine. I lost power for an hour or so in a storm once and like to lost my mind. I was pacing around and walking to the windows and doors. Almost like I couldn't breathe. :giggling: I feel silly by comparison.

MsDarling
11-02-2012, 03:46 PM
And you know what I also worried about? Crime going up during a major blackout. I don't know if I would've been able to sleep. How was that where you are? I saw that some of the commercial businesses were being looted. But, was there increased police presence in residential areas?

And, girl! NO internet? How did you ever survive? I couldn't rest, worrying about my NJ/NY family that I couldn't get in touch with. And I'm praying for those still with no power. I just can't begin to imagine. I lost power for an hour or so in a storm once and like to lost my mind. I was pacing around and walking to the windows and doors. Almost like I couldn't breathe. :giggling: I feel silly by comparison.

I know, my laptop was charged, but no internet, the ultimate worst!
During the night of the hurricane there was a curfew and police were out, telling cars and people to go back to wherever they came from.
I didn't hear of much looting in my area.

And all I did was sleep, nothing else to do. I swear I lost weight in 2 days.