PDA

View Full Version : Hey There Divas!

JoyBelle
09-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi Ladies,

I am very happy to be here! *smile* I have been on a serious HHJ since October '11 and am looking to learn and share what knowledge I have! I am just emerging from setback: this past April/May I did about 7 protein treatments without adding much moisture, and also left a cassia treatment in for waaaay too long! My hair was breaking at slight pressure and snapping even with low manipulation. I nursed my hair and am still babying it by doing frequent high moisture DC's, Honey and Veggie Glycerin Pre-Poo, heavy oiling pre-poo, more frequent clarifying (in hopes that excess protein will be removed), moisturizing and sealing. I am still nursing my hair and hope to regain what broke off and then some!

I am admittedly too scissor happy and can do better with keeping my hair moisturized. I am also beginning to eat healthy again. Because of Stress and too much fast food I went from a high raw daytime/anything I want at night to eating fast food all meals. I gained about 30 pounds sinceAugust 2011 and am using my HHJ to inspire me to start living a healthy lifestyle again. 448

The photo is my hair in November. Flat ironed, and reverting fast!
Looking forward to growing together!

JB

NJoy
09-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi Ladies,

I am very happy to be here! *smile* I have been on a serious HHJ since October '11 and am looking to learn and share what knowledge I have! I am just emerging from setback: this past April/May I did about 7 protein treatments without adding much moisture, and also left a cassia treatment in for waaaay too long! My hair was breaking at slight pressure and snapping even with low manipulation. I nursed my hair and am still babying it by doing frequent high moisture DC's, Honey and Veggie Glycerin Pre-Poo, heavy oiling pre-poo, more frequent clarifying (in hopes that excess protein will be removed), moisturizing and sealing. I am still nursing my hair and hope to regain what broke off and then some!

I am admittedly too scissor happy and can do better with keeping my hair moisturized. I am also beginning to eat healthy again. Because of Stress and too much fast food I went from a high raw daytime/anything I want at night to eating fast food all meals. I gained about 30 pounds sinceAugust 2011 and am using my HHJ to inspire me to start living a healthy lifestyle again. 448

JB

Hi JoyBelle! :hiya:

Glad to have you with us. I love your November hair pic :infatuated: and know that you'll be back there before you know it. Setbacks are always a setup for comebacks. Be sure to take pics throughout your journey (especially your bounce back period). This will help to motivate you and can also be used to motivate many others.

So, I look forward to growing with you. I'm planning to bc tonight so, I'll want to regain my length back. I can't wait to see what my hair will look like fully natural.

Oh, and I'm also eating healthier for overall beauty and weight loss. So far, so good. :great:

Thanks for checking in and HHG!!!

GBF
10-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Hi Ladies,

JB

Welcome JoyBelle and HHJ:yay: