PDA

View Full Version : *** August 2012 Go Hard Challenge **** Come on in!

NJoy
08-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Let's get this party started right! We did a great job in July. But now it's AUGUST, baby! :yay:

Time to set new goals, a new plan and make it happen.

Let me just add, there are 5 full months left in this year. At .5" a month, you can have another 2.5" added to your length. Where would that put you? Or, how about 1" a month? How'd you like to find yourself 5 inches longer at the end of the year? If this sounds good, then you'll need to put forth the effort and plan to get there. Let's do this! August can bring us thicker, longer, healthier hair in just one month!

Or, how about slimming down this month. How'd you like to be 10 or 15 pounds lighter? Or lose a dress size or two? In just one month! And what about your skin, your nails, your career goals, reading more books, writing a few chapters in your new book? What else can you do in a whole month. A LOT!!! So, let's do it!

Name it and claim it! We're getting it done in August so, chime in to let us know who's in. Who's not afraid of a little accountability? It could make the difference between "I made it!" and "I could've done better".

We can do this! So let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

NJoy
08-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Ok, my goal for August:

1" of growth in my hair (I'll have to come back with starting stats),
1" loss in my waist (I'm currently 29")
down from 167 to 158 lbs
Long, strong, even nails
Clear skin

My plan:

Braiding my hair and hiding under wigs/caps
Heavy oilings w/VCO
Oil Rinsing/Co-wash braids daily
Detangle 2x week
Sulfur mix nightly
Scalp massages
50% raw eating daily w/lean proteins only
80 oz water/green tea daily
Exercise 4-5x week
Weekly manicure
Black soap
tumeric/milk mask weekly

Woohoo! I'm excited! Now to work on detangling and get started on my program! :clap2:

mividabella
08-02-2012, 11:46 PM
You know I'm in! I'll be back later to post my deets!

NJoy
08-05-2012, 06:31 PM
So, it looks like August will start my natural journey. I'm planning to BC on Monday, when the kids are back in school and things slow down around here.

Serenity
08-07-2012, 01:01 AM
njoy. Sorry to hear about the tangle trouble. I'm sure your natural hair will be gorgeous bc'd or not.

speaking of bc, I just cut my hair back to 2 inches due to bkt damage. My hair was fine the first time I did it but immediately after the 2nd bkt, my hair was rough, dry and breaking by the handfuls. I spent the summer trying to get a handle on it but it didnt' get any better no matter what I did. So, I'm back at 2 inches and hoping to grow an inch a month. So, i'm in! I plan to keep my hair braided. I just had a set installed today and will try to keep them in for 3 wks and out for 1 week. Wish me luck.

FoxyLocks
08-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Oh no! I was considering a BKT at the end of this month. I think I'll pass. Sorry that happened but thanks for posting.

Tink
08-11-2012, 06:35 AM
My Goals:
-Get down to 154lbs
-Eat more veggies
-Be consistent with sulfur mix
-Be consistent with moisturizing & sealing

My Plan:
-Exercise 5-6 days a week and count calories, making adjustments as needed.
-Find creative ways to add veggies to my diet (in salads, omelets, etc)
-Attach new habits to established habits (ex do my sulfur mix right after I put the kids to bed)

NJoy
08-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Well, I think I've decided to continue with my transition...for now. There's no rush and I'd rather decide when to BC instead of being forced into it. Plus, I cut a section but the rest of my hair is still growing to new lengths. Since I'm not wearing it out, I want to see how long I can get it before I cut at the end of the year.

I've thoroughly detangled, moisturized and braided my hair in 4 sections and it's feeling pretty good.

As for my weight, I'm still steadily dropping. I'm down to 165 with no exercise. But, I do plan to start going to the gym in the mornings after taking my kids to school. Um, so far it hasn't happened yet...but I will. :cool:

And I'm starting from ground zero with my nails. I trimmed them all down so that I can grow them all out evenly.

NJoy
08-25-2012, 02:04 PM
inching down, pound by pound with just clean eating so far. I'm 163 lbs. This time last month (during the family reunion) I was hovering around 175-177. Not only am I using the Nutribullet to get good nutrition but also just generally eating clean. Fruits, veggies, lean proteins (fish and poultry) and cut back on grains and dairy. So far, so good. I'm feeling really good.

My nails are growing. I haven't been doing anything extra for that. No extra care. I guess if I want to keep 'em, I'd better at least protect 'em.

My hair is in the need of a nice DC, henna and indigo. This weekend is pretty busy so, I'll probably do that next week.

Tink
08-28-2012, 02:25 PM
The only thing I've been consistent with is my exercise and tracking calories. I'm down to 155lbs! Just one more pound to reach my goal!!! I usually weigh myself on Mondays but I plan to do it on the 31st as well for the challenge.

I'm out of my sulfur mix so I need to make more.

I have no excuse for not m&s'ing or eating more veggies =(

*The jeans I'm wearing today keep falling down! Yay!!!

NJoy
08-28-2012, 10:35 PM
The only thing I've been consistent with is my exercise and tracking calories. I'm down to 155lbs! Just one more pound to reach my goal!!! I usually weigh myself on Mondays but I plan to do it on the 31st as well for the challenge.

I'm out of my sulfur mix so I need to make more.

I have no excuse for not m&s'ing or eating more veggies =(

*The jeans I'm wearing today keep falling down! Yay!!!

Wow!! I'm so jelly! I'd LOVE to be 155. Congrats, girl! :yahoo: One more pound? That's awesome.

I'm weighing myself first thing every morning. I can't walk past my scale. :giggling: I'm down to 163. My SIL came to town this past weekend so, we threw a party on saturday and went out to dinner friday and sunday. I'm LUCKY not to have gained. Getting back to my nutriblasts. It's easy to fall off the bandwagon.

If I can get down to 159, I'll be happy. I was down to 154 at the start of the summer. That's saying something. :sosad: Ah well.

NJoy
09-02-2012, 02:47 AM
Ok, so how'd you ladies do? Starting a September thread (http://mydivaspot.com/forums/showthread.php?504-September-2012-***Go-Hard-Challenge***-Come-on-in!&p=3179#post3179).

GBF
10-04-2012, 08:26 PM
I am very late on this challenge but I am starting this month. I will post my goals soon.

Let's get this party started right! We did a great job in July. But now it's AUGUST, baby! :yay:

Time to set new goals, a new plan and make it happen.

Let me just add, there are 5 full months left in this year. At .5" a month, you can have another 2.5" added to your length. Where would that put you? Or, how about 1" a month? How'd you like to find yourself 5 inches longer at the end of the year? If this sounds good, then you'll need to put forth the effort and plan to get there. Let's do this! August can bring us thicker, longer, healthier hair in just one month!

Or, how about slimming down this month. How'd you like to be 10 or 15 pounds lighter? Or lose a dress size or two? In just one month! And what about your skin, your nails, your career goals, reading more books, writing a few chapters in your new book? What else can you do in a whole month. A LOT!!! So, let's do it!

Name it and claim it! We're getting it done in August so, chime in to let us know who's in. Who's not afraid of a little accountability? It could make the difference between "I made it!" and "I could've done better".

We can do this! So let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: