PDA

View Full Version : Raw Egg for Hair Growth

MsDarling
07-09-2012, 02:17 PM
I came across this article: here (http://www.maybellinebook.com/p/ms-maybellines-beauty-secrets.html) and towards the bottom it talks about drinking raw egg, specifically raw fertilized egg. Yuck, I know, but it reminds me of the thread at lhcf that's been going for a while, where people are "drinking' their way to longer hair. I mysteriously have never seen any length results directly related to the participants' egg indulgences. Maybe it's because i don't have a paid account, but I'm just saying.:suspicious:

No offense to anyone who does it.

I don't think I'd do it unless someone paid me, haha.

The article is a relative of the founder of Maybelline's, she was writing about her grandmother's beauty secrets.

Sunshine
07-09-2012, 03:57 PM
mmm....I don't know about that.

I don't remember seeing anyone's hair growth in that thread on LHCF, but I do remember reading that ladies were experiencing healthier hair and better skin. I just don't think that I can stomach raw egg yolk, even if it has an "orange julius" taste like the blog post says. lol! I really do like that blog though, I'm a bit of an antiquarian.

NJoy
07-09-2012, 07:10 PM
I tried to jump on that bandwagon. A member was talking about all these benefits, including hair growth. I thought it would make me feel healthier to drink a daily health drink. I added an egg to my healthy smoothie (+ wheat germ, black strap molasses, and anything else that I could lump in and be done with in one guzzle) but, stopped really early on because I felt the smoothie was causing me to gain weight.

As long as I couldn't see that I was drinking an egg (because it's blended in), it seemed ok. But the thought of drinking fertilized eggs just creeps me out. *shudders*

I do believe protein may help overall and I will add it to my healthy drinks but, I use whey protein. No egg, please. :nerves:

Sunshine
07-10-2012, 11:52 AM
As someone who eats meat, I can't really explain why I feel weird about eating a fertilized egg, but I just don't like that idea. I never got on that bandwagon...that was on that I didn't try! :giggling:

MsDarling
07-10-2012, 12:51 PM
I tried to jump on that bandwagon. A member was talking about all these benefits, including hair growth. I thought it would make me feel healthier to drink a daily health drink. I added an egg to my healthy smoothie (+ wheat germ, black strap molasses, and anything else that I could lump in and be done with in one guzzle) but, stopped really early on because I felt the smoothie was causing me to gain weight.

As long as I couldn't see that I was drinking an egg (because it's blended in), it seemed ok. But the thought of drinking fertilized eggs just creeps me out. *shudders*

I do believe protein may help overall and I will add it to my healthy drinks but, I use whey protein. No egg, please. :nerves:

Yeah, I remember reading through and finding that people said they experienced weight gain. Not for me.

I did eat an egg (cooked) like every day for a month a couple of months ago to see if it would help my hair, and I didn't see a difference. Apparently raw egg yolk is best.

MsDarling
07-10-2012, 12:53 PM
As someone who eats meat, I can't really explain why I feel weird about eating a fertilized egg, but I just don't like that idea. I never got on that bandwagon...that was on that I didn't try! :giggling:

I just can't eat raw meats except with sushi, it's strange, but that seems to be the exception for me, and even now, I tend to only eat a California roll or the cooked salmon rolls.

NJoy
07-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I remember reading through and finding that people said they experienced weight gain. Not for me.

I did eat an egg (cooked) like every day for a month a couple of months ago to see if it would help my hair, and I didn't see a difference. Apparently raw egg yolk is best.

But, from what I understand, eating eggs, not just raw, are good for growth. So, I did start eating more eggs, boiled and scrambled. But the raw thing? No ma'am.

And can you imagine who can just drink whole raw eggs plain? Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes!