PDA

View Full Version : Questions & Answers!

mividabella
05-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Do you have a question? Post it here.

If you can answer it, please quote the question in your answer. Thanks!

Tink
05-06-2012, 11:27 AM
The sulfur mix challenge thread is getting so long and I don't have time to search through it all right now. I want to be more consistent using it but I feel as though the oil slick is holding me back. I need advice! What works for you???

NJoy
05-06-2012, 01:54 PM
The sulfur mix challenge thread is getting so long and I don't have time to search through it all right now. I want to be more consistent using it but I feel as though the oil slick is holding me back. I need advice! What works for you???

I've answered you in the sulfur thread but will post here too:

First, remember a little goes a long way. It's not necessary to douse large sections and then go behind to try to massage all in. Try small amounts on small sections and massage it in well before moving on to the next section.

Another way is to apply the oil to your fingertips and massage your scalp all over, rewetting your fingertips as needed.

Also, I've tried mixing prepared sulfur oil with pure aloe vera gel. The gel keeps the oil from running. I haven't kept up with this only out of laziness during my long stretch.

I'm now trying out a sulfur cream mix. I'm really liking the way that it feels but haven't used it long enough to say whether I'm getting growth from it or not.

Girl, I know all about the oil slick. When I started out, I had oil EVERYWHERE!!! But I dialed it down and the results were still good. Massaging is important and putting on that plastic cap to open up the scalp pores is important too. This all helps absorption.

Try less oils, use less often, or try different techniques for applying. Something will click for you. If nothing else, maybe try it on your scalp while you're DC the length of your hair. Couldn't hurt. :question:

Keep us posted on what you're trying and how it's working. You'll be fine. Grow, girl. Grow!! :yahoo:

NJoy
05-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Do you have a question? Post it here.

If you can answer it, please quote the question in your answer. Thanks!

I love this thread. Thanks, Mividabella! :great:

Tink
05-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks so much Njoy!!! I'm going to try working in smaller sections and applying the oil to my fingertips. I'm going to time myself because a need a routine that won't take long. I know I'll be more consistent that way. I will be sure to keep you all posted!

mividabella
05-30-2012, 11:06 PM
How do you prep your hair for braids with extensions?

Tink
07-23-2012, 01:14 PM
When I got my relaxed a few days ago it was spur of the moment. I had one area where I forgot that I'd been scratching. I burned in that area and I need to know what to put on it. I was thinking about Neosporin or EVOO. Should I hold off on my sulfur mix til it heals?