PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Jasmyne_x
12-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Hi ,

My name is Jasmyne and I look forward to growing health MBL hair and I am currently APL .

My Regimen :

Clarify once a month
Shampoo once a week
DC 1-2 times a week
Hot Oil Treatment once a week
RCCP once a week
BTR once a week
Cowash when needed
Relax every 6months

I am also a member on hairlista and have been for over a year.
Alternating with moisture and protein .
Protective styling and m/s daily.

NJoy
12-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Welcome Jasmyne! :wave: Just wondering. What's RCCP and BTR? :confused:

Dimples0217
04-22-2012, 01:55 AM
Hello Everyone,

I am still trying to figure out what is best for my hair. I seem to have problems with protein overload at times. Still cant find the proper protein moisture balance. Does anyone have any suggestion. I really need products that do not have protein. I will use protein maybe once a month or as needed.

Njoy would you mind sharing your regimen?

I also wanted to know did you experience shedding while using the sulfur. I have been using it and my hair sheds a lot.

NJoy
04-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am still trying to figure out what is best for my hair. I seem to have problems with protein overload at times. Still cant find the proper protein moisture balance. Does anyone have any suggestion. I really need products that do not have protein. I will use protein maybe once a month or as needed.

Njoy would you mind sharing your regimen?

I also wanted to know did you experience shedding while using the sulfur. I have been using it and my hair sheds a lot.

Hi Dimples! I see that you asked the same in PM. I'll answer here, in case someone else has the same questions.

First, my reggie is in my blog here (http://mydivaspot.com/forums/entry.php?4-Updated-Reggie-(including-recipe-for-my-sulfur-mix)). I haven't looked at it in awhile so, I may need to update it a bit to accomodate my stretching/transition. But, I stayed close to what has always worked for me. There are other posts in my blog that may be helpful. You can start back as far as page 8 and up for info.

I didn't experience much shedding while on sulfur. I take garlic supplements as part of my ongoing reggie and also use garlic extract in all of my DC mixtures. Black tea helps to stop shedding but MUST be followed with a serious moisturizing DC.

For your protein/moisture balance issue, up you DC. Adding humectants like honey or molasses really does help. Also, aloe vera gel or juice added to your DC helps too. And for me, I use keep a spritz bottle with water, aloe vera juice and infusium 23 (has panthenol) and used that before I start adding my moisturizers and seal. And finally, baggying my hair at night definitely adds moisture to my hair. But your hair will be moist in the morning so, do that if you can. I let me hair airdry from my overnight baggying. If I need it slick, I tie it down with a satin scarf and let it airdry in the morning or tie it down before putting the cap over it and then still letting it airdry in the morning.

I think with focused efforts, you should be able to restore protein/moisture balance relatively soon so, keep checking so that you know when it's actually reached. Going too far the other way isn't good either.

Welcome :hiya: I hope I've answered everything.

NJoy
04-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi ,

My name is Jasmyne and I look forward to growing health MBL hair and I am currently APL .

My Regimen :

Clarify once a month
Shampoo once a week
DC 1-2 times a week
Hot Oil Treatment once a week
RCCP once a week
BTR once a week
Cowash when needed
Relax every 6months

I am also a member on hairlista and have been for over a year.
Alternating with moisture and protein .
Protective styling and m/s daily.

Hi Jasmyne :hiya:

Glad to see you here and look forward to hearing more from you. MBL is definitely doable and you're gonna LOVE IT!!!! :reddancer: Congrats in advance!!

Dimples0217
04-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Njoy,

Thank you for responding to my question. I will try what you suggested. I have never tried honey or molasses in my deep conditioner so i will try that.

I will also try the aloe vera juice in my deep conditioner. I will try the garlic extract also. Is there a specific brand of garlic extract that you woudl recommend? I have a lot of things to try :)., but I am optimistic that this will all benefit my hair.

I was disapointed when I lost about 2 inches in hair growth, but i will get it back. I am bra strap length. the back part of my hair was midback length, but my ultimate goal is waist length.

Are there any moisturizing products that you really like or recommend?

Divalicious
04-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Njoy,

Thank you for responding to my question. I will try what you suggested. I have never tried honey or molasses in my deep conditioner so i will try that.

I will also try the aloe vera juice in my deep conditioner. I will try the garlic extract also. Is there a specific brand of garlic extract that you woudl recommend? I have a lot of things to try :)., but I am optimistic that this will all benefit my hair.

I was disapointed when I lost about 2 inches in hair growth, but i will get it back. I am bra strap length. the back part of my hair was midback length, but my ultimate goal is waist length.

Welcome ladies! I don't want to hijack but, I wanted to share my moisturizing DC suggestion.

Oyin Honey Hemp!!! I love it. I even use it as my leave in. It's very moisturizing.

NJoy
04-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Njoy,

Off the shelf moisturizing DC that I like are Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask (as well as their Silk Touch Leave In), Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing DC and Aussie Moist 3 Min Miracle. For something light for cowashes, SUAVE almond & shea, Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and Aussie Moist Condition.

I didn't ask whether you're relaxed or natural but, when I was relaxed, I loved Neutragena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave In. Now I doctor up Giovanni Direct Leave In. Also for me, shea butter whipped with avocado oil is very moisturizing.

Dimples0217
04-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Welcome ladies! I don't want to hijack but, I wanted to share my moisturizing DC suggestion.

Oyin Honey Hemp!!! I love it. I even use it as my leave in. It's very moisturizing.

Thanks I keep hearing a lot about OYIN products. I will have to try that.

Dimples0217
04-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Off the shelf moisturizing DC that I like are Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask (as well as their Silk Touch Leave In), Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing DC and Aussie Moist 3 Min Miracle. For something light for cowashes, SUAVE almond & shea, Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and Aussie Moist Condition.

I didn't ask whether you're relaxed or natural but, when I was relaxed, I loved Neutragena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave In. Now I doctor up Giovanni Direct Leave In. Also for me, shea butter whipped with avocado oil is very moisturizing.

Thank you for that. I will try whipping my shea butter. I have tried the shea butter by itself and it did not really do anything for my hair, but so many people rave about it. I think whipped with some oils and maybe aloe very juice might be good. I Will try that this weekend.

I am actually natural. I have never tried a relaxer, but I have though about it :).

I hear good things about avocado oil too. I have been wanting to try that too.

Trying to get my hair growing again since I had that setback. Want it to be moisturized and healthy. I will get there. :)