PDA

View Full Version : Pray for my dad please.

NJoy
09-12-2011, 09:59 AM
My dad has been dealing with a gastrointestinal problem that has kept him belching nonstop...for the past 10 years. Doctors have been stumped. He's had surgeries and is highly medicated. This issue is in addition to diabetes, high blood pressure, a bad back and the most dangerous type of sleep apnea. According to his sleep study, sleep apnea interupts his sleep every 40 seconds. :eek: So, on top of everything else, he's not getting proper sleep and his breathing stops in his sleep.

Recently, I've started taking him out of his "hood" to the experts at Emory Hospital. This is where the abnormal and unusual cases are remedied. I'm greatly encouraged by the efforts of the doctors at Emory and the fact that they're starting from scratch to figure out what's up. But in the meantime, my dad's health is deteriorating and he's absolutely miserable. I don't know if it's because the doctor told us about the every 40 seconds thing or not but, my dad has not been able to sleep at all for the past 3 days. I feel so helpless.

And to make matters worse, we lost my mom back in March so my dad's home alone all day when he's been used to my mom taking care of him over the past 45 years. He literally sits in silence missing my mom...all day.

I'm praying for him and can barely focus on anything else. Please pray for him and add him to any prayer request groups that you have access to. His name is Wallace.

Thanks.

Tink
09-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about your dad going through this. I am going to say a prayer right now and also add him to our intercessory prayer list at church. There is power in agreement so please let us know what you specifically want to agree for in prayer. I just took a moment to pray as I was led. I prayed that he would have peace and that he would be able to sleep because God's word says that He gives His beloved sleep. I also prayed for wisdom for the doctors, and that he be healed. I prayed that you would have peace that passes understanding and that God's peace would keep your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. Remember that no name ("sleep apnea", etc.) is above the name of JESUS! (((hugs)))

NJoy
09-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Thanks, Tink. I think you have it covered. There's no better way to pray than by being led by the Spirit. I appreciate you. :bighug:

I just talked to my dad and he got in a good night's sleep...today, and sounded wonderful. Thank You Lord!