PDA

View Full Version : How to Detangle Super Knotted or Matted Hair.

admin
08-23-2011, 07:34 PM
If you've ever experienced super tangled, matted or nearly loc'd hair during your healthy hair journey, then you know how difficult and upsetting it can be. Not only is it frustrating but, it can potentially cause a setback in your journey.

No worries. We found this excellent video posted by familygoingnatural that demonstrates that by using a little oil, conditioner and patience, the detangling doesn't have to be a nightmare.
Check out this great video on detangling super knotted or matted hair. BTW, we love the little Diva in this video. :giggle:

http://youtu.be/ZjORF5s00RI

BabyGirl
08-23-2011, 11:43 PM
I subscribed to her channel. That was just the video I needed to see. Thanks. And little miss thang is adorable!

Tink
08-24-2011, 12:41 AM
Great video! That lil' girl was too cute. I knew they were from New Orleans. I picked up on that accent! lol

NJoy
08-27-2011, 01:46 AM
Excellent video! I tried this tonight, concerned that I let my twists sit for a few days and only retwisting a few in the front. My ng felt a bit matted and you know I thought about the last detangling nightmare that happened after a few days of neglect. I took each twist down with EVOO and Aussie condish, detangled and retwisted. I barely lost any hair at all. Probably less than she held up in the video. My entire head is detangled and well moisturized. I have a whole head baggy going now and will wash in the morning. Wow! I think I'll try this weekly. Two thumbs up! :thumb: :thumb:

NJoy
08-27-2011, 01:47 AM
P.S. Both of them are really cute in this video. Kudos, Familygoingnatural!! :clap2:

MyLuvMaya
08-31-2011, 12:41 AM
I saw this video about a month ago & tried it. I was amazed, worked perfectly.

NJoy
08-31-2011, 10:20 AM
I saw this video about a month ago & tried it. I was amazed, worked perfectly.

Didn't it?! I was amazed too!

ebsalita
09-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Brilliant video - they are both beautiful.

I have been doing something similar to my hair before each wash and I can tell you it works a treat. I use aussie conditioner and almond oil (or what hot6 - whatever oil you have will do) on dry hair and work through it in sections and put into 3 large braids, before deep conditioning with heat then washing. I have very fine hair and used to lose so much when I washed and blowdried simply because it got so tangly... not anymore :cool:

hairexpert
06-28-2012, 12:06 AM
415Thanks for posting this video, it is so common for women who experience super tangled, matted or nearly dreadlocked hair during their healthy hair journey-to become discouraged and frustrated. And in most cases it does cause a setback in their hair journey.

And also Conditioners Are Not Designed To Detangle Severely Tangled Matted Hair

Women are actually causing more harm to their very tangled matted hair when they use hair conditioners to detangle according to Tangled Hair Techs, Hairdressers that detangle hair. They receive an endless number of service calls to detangle hair from women and hairdressers alike who have made knots or clumps of tangled matted hair worse, tighter, harder and stickier from using an assortment of conditioners.
Knots, clumps, or masses of tangled matted hair have become leading causes of hair loss and damage in women and children. Water based conditioners are made to moisturize the hair, keep it smooth and shiny; using too much can actually do the opposite for hair.

The best solution is just to use the TAKE DOWN Remover and Detangler Cream (http://www.takedownproducts.com), it really is the best product to save your hair. Most hairdressers just want to cut!