PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to steamer

NJoy
08-10-2011, 12:25 PM
I miss my steamer so much and really want to steam my hair. A new steamer is on my wish list. But in the meantime, did I read somewhere about microwaving a towel as an alternative? I can't find it. Is the towel wet first? How long is it in the microwave? Is anyone familiar? Because I could swear I also read something like someone started a fire with this technique but, I could be lying. I need details because me wants steam!!!! :drama:

Ms. D
08-10-2011, 04:12 PM
What I would do is:

Boil Hot Water
Place my turban or towel in the water for like 3 minutes
Wait for it to cool down a little so I can take it out and squeeze the excess water with-out burning myself
Put the turban on my head
Place a plastic cap or a plastic bag for a tighter fit over the turban
then I sit under my hooded dryer for about 20 minutes

Sweet_Intent
08-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Thank Ms D for the alternative option because I tried putting a wet towel in my microwave to get that steam effect on my hair and the glass that you sit n place everything on broke n split in two peices. :fear: ... so Iam guessing a fire is possible

Ms. D
08-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Thank Ms D for the alternative option because I tried putting a wet towel in my microwave to get that steam effect on my hair and the glass that you sit n place everything on broke n split in two peices. :fear: ... so Iam guessing a fire is possible

You're welcome :-)
Oh man, that stinks that happened to you....hope this works out much better!