PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts: Hair

NJoy
07-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Getting the Random Thoughts thread going for the hair section. Feel free to post your hair-related random thoughts by replying to this thread.

NJoy
07-05-2011, 01:42 PM
My hair is so soft, shiny and moisturized this morning. Blogged about it. Wanna read it? Here it goes.

I did a wash, acv rinse, oil rinse and cowash a couple days ago. I finger detangled pretty well and then used my regular leave ins while it air dried. I bunned it up after it dried about 70 %. Yesterday, I took my bun down, added a little argan oil and then combed to make sure that my hair was fully detangled. Detangling was a breeze! I enjoyed having my hair fully out. It felt so thick and it finally felt long without having to flat iron the roots. I LOVE it! But, I eventually bunned it back up for bed.

This morning, I couldn't wait to take my hair back down and give myself a nice scalp massage. Gotta say, my hair feels awesome! I'm thinking about twisting it up today to do a twistout tomorrow. Not sure yet. Just enjoying it for now. In fact, I may be njoying it to much right now. I think I'm going to bun it back up and let a small section in the font hang so that I have something to njoy while protecting the rest of my hair from HIH (that's hand in hair) disease. :happy:

NJoy
07-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Can't wait til my flexi 8s come in. They've been shipped already. Yeeeeeeee!

Blessed1
07-12-2011, 12:12 PM
My ends look horrible. I need a serious trim. I'm a little frustrated today.

FoxyLocks
07-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Twisted my hair last night with castor oil and olive oil mixed. My hair feels so soft today. Will spritz daily with veggie glycerin and water mixed.

NJoy
07-13-2011, 11:48 AM
*sigh* I've been using expired prenatal vitamins for the past few months, at least. I had a huge bottle of them and know they last for a long time so, it didn't phase me when I grabbed the bottle after running out of my regular vitamins. Last night, I was thinking of heading over to GNC to get some hair vites and just started researching ingredients in various brands. I decided to look on the label of my prenatal vites to see how it stacked against some of these "hair" vites and there it was. Expired in 2009!!! What. the. heck?! Now, I know you can go past the expiration date but, 2 yrs past? *sigh* So, I ordered fresh vites from vitacost. smh. I should've known. My "baby" is 5 yrs old now. Doh! :doh:

Bella
07-15-2011, 11:46 AM
*sigh* I've been using expired prenatal vitamins for the past few months, at least. I had a huge bottle of them and know they last for a long time so, it didn't phase me when I grabbed the bottle after running out of my regular vitamins. Last night, I was thinking of heading over to GNC to get some hair vites and just started researching ingredients in various brands. I decided to look on the label of my prenatal vites to see how it stacked against some of these "hair" vites and there it was. Expired in 2009!!! What. the. heck?! Now, I know you can go past the expiration date but, 2 yrs past? *sigh* So, I ordered fresh vites from vitacost. smh. I should've known. My "baby" is 5 yrs old now. Doh! :doh:

Sorry. That's pretty funny. :becky: Which vitamins did you decide on ordering?

NJoy
07-17-2011, 01:36 PM

This is embarrassing but, I can't remember which ones I ordered. Maybe something like Country Pride? Don't quote me. They should be in tomorrow tho so, I'll come back and post it. *blush*

NJoy
07-17-2011, 01:39 PM
It took me 2 days to detangle and put my hair in twists. I only did a few at a time. Not doing this for the style, per se. Mainly to keep my ng stretched to avoid tangles. I think I'm going to DC in twists and retwist any that come loose. We'll see how long this lasts.

Sweet_Intent
07-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Did a braid-out and baggy last night... Today though the curls have really shrunken, its really moisturized.

NJoy
07-22-2011, 11:54 PM
My hair is still in these same twists but feeling uber moisturized. Feels great. Looks...not so great. I really need to wash or at least cowash. Feeling hair lazy so, maybe I'll cowash in twists and retwist the front. Ehn! We'll see. :drama:

Oh and hey, I haven't done a length check in a month. Trying to hold out til September. Can... I... do it?! :decision: Can I continue to hide my length from myself? I'd love to get a nice surprise. I'm going for it. :eek: Well, I'll try. :whistle:

Blessed1
08-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Inching closer to bsl. woohoo!

Tink
08-01-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm extremely pleased with my henna results! I'm going to do a blog post with my results and pics after I flat iron my hair. I've been too busy to do it yet. BTW, your hair is growing RIGHT NOW!!!:eyebrows:

NJoy
08-01-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm extremely pleased with my henna results! I'm going to do a blog post with my results and pics after I flat iron my hair. I've been too busy to do it yet. BTW, your hair is growing RIGHT NOW!!!:eyebrows:

Girl! I've been waiting to hear your results. I've been stalking your blog like crazy. I'm glad that it turned out well and I can't WAIT to see your flat ironed results. :cheer2:

Tink
08-02-2011, 02:45 PM
LOL I still haven't flat-ironed! Hubby said he will be home from work early so maybe I'll get a chance. I am just so tired! I don't know what I was thinking have two babies 18mths apart!

NJoy
08-02-2011, 02:48 PM
My two oldest are 18 months apart. It's good spacing. But, being a mommy alone is enough to keep you busy, let alone the time it takes to do your hair on henna day. :lol: Take your time. I'll be here...anxiously, er...I mean, patiently awating. :dance:

Tink
08-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Lol I just posted a blog!

NJoy
08-08-2011, 12:45 AM
My kids go back to school starting tomorrow. I'm gonna celebrate by having a hair day. :yahoo:

NJoy
08-19-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm gonna stop complaining and love my hair. :drama:

Tink
08-19-2011, 04:10 PM
I am going to find a style that will allow my to keep my ends baggied...

NJoy
08-20-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm SO excited! I just ordered a new steamer from ebay to replace my old one that was knocked over and broken. :yahoo::reddancer::yay::whoo:

NJoy
08-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Oh please, oh please, oh PLEASE let my steamer come today. I know that might be too much to ask but I'm hoping anyway! :pray:

Bella
08-23-2011, 02:33 PM
I just ordered a steamer too! I had a treatment at the salon over the weekend and my hair felt and still feels soft and healthy. My stylist sang the praises of steam revitalising hair and after reading the info at the link you sent me, I'm sold 100% on it. Thanks njoy!

NJoy
08-26-2011, 06:40 PM
It's been a week. I thought, surely my steamer would be here by now. *Le sigh*

NJoy
08-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Finally! According to Fed Ex tracking, my steamer should be here today. Finally!!!! :reddancer:

Sweet_Intent
08-29-2011, 05:34 PM
5 days after my relaxer... I needed to do a moisturizing deep conditioning treatment. Ive read both really good and really bad reviews; I wasn't so sure at first so i bought the 1 oz pack of the macadamia deep repair masque. Lets just says my hair Loves it. 5-star. Hair smells great all day, no complaints from the BF for once. Crosses fingers that this product remains to give me amazing results. I will be buying the tub for weekly deep conditioning.

NJoy
08-29-2011, 06:27 PM
My steamer finally showed up today. About to get my steam on! Oh Steamer, baby. Mama's been waiting for you. :hug:

NJoy
09-04-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm so impatient. I ordered Afro Detangler on Wednesday and am trying to patiently await deliver. It's Saturday. No mail on Sunday or Monday. Ugh! Who KNOWS when I'll get my order. :boredwrk: C'mon!!!! Bought Giovanni Direct Leave In to hold me over until my order arrives. I hear the vendor is slow in delivery. *sigh*

NJoy
09-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Ok so, I'm just realizing that I ordered Afro Detangler when I first started my journey last year. I paid thirty bucks for 16 oz and wasn't moved to reorder. I thought it was too expensive. But, I was fully relaxed then. I'm hoping to feel differently this go 'round.

jlissa
09-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Why does my hair reject relaxers? I used to be able to relax my hair. Now it stays curly no matter what..Why has my hair become so stubborn?

NJoy
09-07-2011, 07:50 PM
^^ Maybe it's trying to tell you something. :stop:

Ravengirl
09-12-2011, 07:08 PM
I did a length check last night. I remember when I did my first length check after my big chop last December. My hair barely traveled down my forehead. I felt that my hair would never pass my eyebrows. Well, as of yesterday my hair in the front now touches the tip of my nose!

NJoy
09-12-2011, 07:29 PM
I did a length check last night. I remember when I did my first length check after my big chop last December. My hair barely traveled down my forehead. I felt that my hair would never pass my eyebrows. Well, as of yesterday my hair in the front now touches the tip of my nose!

Awesome! You're doing it, girl. Good job! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Ravengirl
09-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Awesome! You're doing it, girl. Good job! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
*Takes a bow* Thank you, thank you. Sometimes I feel like my hair isn't growing because my hair in the back feels like it in the same spot so I'm gauging my length growth and mention more from the front and sides since I can see it more easily. APL here I come!

Bella
10-23-2011, 02:24 PM
I saw a girl with booty length braids. No homo but it made her look so sexy the way the ends would swing and bring attention to her rear. It was very flirty.

I'm getting extensions in my hair today. I wish I had the nerve to go that long.

NJoy
01-26-2012, 11:54 PM
I've been putting off cowashing my hair for the past few days. BUT, I'm glad to find that my hair is STILL well moisturized. I think I can credit Crisco with sealing well. :thumb:

mividabella
01-27-2012, 10:40 PM
I was so surprised when I took down my bun (after 4 days :nerves:) that my hair was STILL moisturized! Couldn't believe it. That shea butter truly works! Thanks @ Njoy!

NJoy
01-28-2012, 01:03 AM
I was so surprised when I took down my bun (after 4 days :nerves:) that my hair was STILL moisturized! Couldn't believe it. That shea butter truly works! Thanks @ Njoy!

Yep! And you know what I'm also finding to be a good seal? Crisco! It's been 4 days since I detangled, moisturized and sealed with Crisco and my hair is STILL moisturized. I. am. amazed! It's still early to give it a permanent thumbs up but, it keeps my hair from tangling and keeps it moisturized. I think I love it!

mividabella
01-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Yep! And you know what I'm also finding to be a good seal? Crisco! It's been 4 days since I detangled, moisturized and sealed with Crisco and my hair is STILL moisturized. I. am. amazed! It's still early to give it a permanent thumbs up but, it keeps my hair from tangling and keeps it moisturized. I think I love it!

Crisco, really? I've seen threads about Crisco & flat-ironing, but not as a sealant. Does it have a smell? Does it wash out easily? I may have to put some on my grocery list for tomorrow.

NJoy
01-30-2012, 01:15 AM
Crisco, really? I've seen threads about Crisco & flat-ironing, but not as a sealant. Does it have a smell? Does it wash out easily? I may have to put some on my grocery list for tomorrow.

Now keep in mind that I'm JUST starting to use it so... :giggling:

But, yeah. It's doing a great job at sealing in moisture. And, it keeps my ends from tangling so I love it! After I use my leave ins, I put jbco on my ends and then seal with crisco. I can then pin my braids together or whatever and my ends don't tangle. Ordinarily (since I keep my hair separated in Celie braids while stretching) I can't let my ends touch each other or they'll tangle. But Crisco has ended that for me. And I can finger detangle and if there's a tangle, I can slide the hairs right apart.

To get the crisco out, I treat it like an oil rinse. I run warm water over my hair so that it liquifies and then use a rinse out conditioner to cowash it out. So far, so good. So for now, it's a keeper. :thumb:

mividabella
04-26-2012, 11:03 PM
I still have to buy Crisco to try it for my next flat iron.

I have been really frustrated with my hair, and having been itching to straighten for an easier time. I just remembered about the tub of Eco Styler that I had, so I used it on Wed. for my bun. Obviously, my problem was that I wasn't using enough product! The ES made my waves pop, and my hair was so nice. Not to mention every day that I've taken it down to readjust my bun position it is still moisturized. In looking @ YT vids, I'm realizing that just like flat ironing you have to use lots of product. Well, at least I do. I'm thinking about trying another WNG but with more product, and taking my time to go over each section.

NJoy
04-26-2012, 11:16 PM
I REALLY need to henna and indigo my hair. The few grays that I had popping up in my hairline have gotten bold and invited a few more friends. I gotta stop this party in the making. I just don't feel like going thru the all day process of henna and indigo. I think I"ll just do my hairline. What do you think?

NJoy
05-02-2012, 11:41 PM
My shrinkage is playing mind games with me. It looks like my hair is going backwards length-wise. I stretched my hair to remind myself that my hair is a solid HL even after the trims this year. I feel much better now.

NJoy
12-14-2012, 11:43 PM
How am I gonna break it to my hubby that I'm converting his home office into my personal salon? I barely have space in my room for my steamer and now I've gone a bought a freestanding ionic dryer. I mean....where does he think I'm gonna put my stuff? I've taken over our room, the closet and our bathroom. I'm out of space. It's the only thing that makes sense...unless he wants me to start shopping for a new house. Either way. His choice. :question:

tolly
10-20-2017, 02:17 PM
trying to stay natural beyond 18months , this is my 4th try. I am determined not to give in and relax this time

I hope other people will come and post, there isn't any recent activity on this forum