PDA

View Full Version : *** Daily Check-in *** What's going on in your Hair Journey today?

Pages : [1] 2

Divalicious
06-28-2011, 06:46 PM
*** Let's use this thread to check in with each other and share what's going on, what you've done or plan to do with your hair today. This will help us to be consistent during our HHJ*** (admin)

I just had the most Divalicious deep conditioning treatment using my steamer. I used Silicon Mix and added honey, half an avacado, an egg, olive oil and avacado oil. I steamed for 30 minutes and rollerset with diluted Lottabody. My hair feels great!

Trying to stay on top of my hair game. I usually get lazy during the summer but, not this year. :p

NJoy
06-29-2011, 11:39 AM
DC'g on dry hair now. Will oil rinse with a jojoba/wheatgerm oil mix, cowash, moisturize, seal and airdry. Working from home today...obviously. :)

NJoy
07-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Working on detangling and twisting my hair today. I haven't detangled in so long...'least it feels that way. :)

Ravengirl
07-18-2011, 04:17 AM
I wore a braid-out yesterday, the first time I had my own hair out in a long while, and loved it! After feeling a bit frustrated and unmotivated by my hair it was nice to have that moment. But it's back to cornrows and wigs.

NJoy
07-21-2011, 11:24 PM
I wore a braid-out yesterday, the first time I had my own hair out in a long while, and loved it! After feeling a bit frustrated and unmotivated by my hair it was nice to have that moment. But it's back to cornrows and wigs.

*cough*cough* Ya could share some pics, ya know? *cough*cough*

I WISH I could cornrow my own hair. I'd like to try that for awhile and don't know any "gentle" cornrow-ers.

Ah well, working on retwisting my hair tonight for now. Maybe I'll try to cornrow my own hair this weekend. I CAN cornrow but, only other heads. My own turns out as mini french braids. That might have to do for now. We'll see. :cool:

NJoy
07-25-2011, 07:10 PM
I haven't really done anything to my hair for the past few days. It still feels very moisturized. I think I'm going to take the twists out and wash my scalp and throw in an acv rinse or something. I'm not sure but, I should really feel guilty for not cowashing at least once this past week. Ah well. I'm sure the low manipulation isn't hurting. Also, the concoction that I'm using on my strands really seems to be working well to keep my hair moisturized. What am I doing? First, I'm spraying my hair with a mixture of infusium23, aloe juice and water. Then I'm using a mixture of castor oil/EVOO/aloe juice/proteina de perla. I think I'm gonna stick with this for awhile to see how my hair likes it.

Ravengirl
07-25-2011, 10:44 PM
*cough*cough* Ya could share some pics, ya know? *cough*cough*

I WISH I could cornrow my own hair. I'd like to try that for awhile and don't know any "gentle" cornrow-ers.

Ah well, working on retwisting my hair tonight for now. Maybe I'll try to cornrow my own hair this weekend. I CAN cornrow but, only other heads. My own turns out as mini french braids. That might have to do for now. We'll see. :cool:
Oops... I have always been bad about taking hair pics. I put my hair in mini-twists and will probably do a twist out when they get too frizzy/I get bored whichever comes first. I'll take a picture then if it doesn't look too crazy.

NJoy
07-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Oops... I have always been bad about taking hair pics. I put my hair in mini-twists and will probably do a twist out when they get too frizzy/I get bored whichever comes first. I'll take a picture then if it doesn't look too crazy.

How long do you leave yours in usually?

Ravengirl
07-26-2011, 02:17 PM
How long do you leave yours in usually?
Don't know yet, this is the first time I did them and will attempt to keep them in for two weeks.

NJoy
07-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Finally going to wash my hair. I feel like I haven't washed it in a week while I had these twist in. It might be more like 5 days, don't get me lying. But, I'm excited about getting in the shower!!! :cheer2:

NJoy
07-30-2011, 03:15 PM
My hair has been in Celie braids since I've washed it a few days ago. I want so bad to get my hair braided up into a bun and then attaching a phony afro or curly puff while baggying my ends beneath. And, I found a girl that braids well but, I'm tenderheaded and am afraid to have my hair handled roughly. This means I need to learn to cornrow my own hair. I can do others but when I try to braid my own, it turns into mini french braids.

I'm actually ok wearing Celie braids. They look so much better on me at longer lengths. But, I'm definitely going to practice braiding my hair.

Tink
07-30-2011, 03:22 PM
I understand how you feel. You crack me up every time you say Celie braids because I say stuff like that all the time. Matter of fact, when I tell people about my 1st labor & delivery I mention how I washed my hair in the shower while having contractions and showed up at the hospital looking like Miss Celie! rofl. I'm so thankful that I can start with my daughter while she's young and teach her how to properly handle her own hair!

Bella
08-01-2011, 03:47 PM
I washed my hair last night. Today I'm wearing a bantu knot out. It didn't exactly turn out the way that I thought it would but it's decent. I think I'll braid my hair later tonight.

Sweet_Intent
08-04-2011, 10:37 AM
ALL SMILES today.... Last night I did a garlic oil treatment. Earlier this morning, I pulled back my hair and I smacked on some EVCO + Rosemary EO throughout the hair n ends to make sure Iam not walking around smelling like pizza.

NJoy
08-04-2011, 12:42 PM
ALL SMILES today.... Last night I did a garlic oil treatment. Earlier this morning, I pulled back my hair and I smacked on some EVCO + Rosemary EO throughout the hair n ends to make sure Iam not walking around smelling like pizza.

:pound: Too funny.

Ms. D
08-09-2011, 09:35 PM
I put my hair is some twists yesterday...so today, I just tucked them under and been wearing a faux "bob".
I will moisturize them daily with my Aloe Vera Mix (Aloe Vera Juice, Gel, Glycerin, Castor Oil, Eucalyptus, Peppermint Oil and a small drop of SAA)

Ms_B_Haven06
08-10-2011, 04:12 AM
Tuesday.....I first strated by unbraiding my ponytail that I had in overnight rolled around a flexi rod, added 2 pumps of HE LTR Split End stuff and added that to just the end of my pony and nap. I put on a hair tie and went on my way.

Before laying it down tonight I ran a wide tooth comb through that same pony, sprayed it down with HS 14 in 1 (not heavyly though), and added WGO on top of that. Braided and rolled it back up on the flexi rod and put on my satin scraf.

NJoy
08-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Feeling hair lazy today. I did an oil rinse a few nights ago that still feels pretty good. I'd love to steam my hair today but, since my steamer's broken, I guess I'll just leave my hair alone today.

Ms_B_Haven06
08-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Wednesday.....Today I just unraveled my braid this morning and put it in a bun and went on my way. I just got out the shower from doing an oil rinse using Safflower Oil and CWing with Aussie. I must say that my hair felt good rinsing it out!

Im air drying in front of the fan at the moment....I will update on how it feel later once it dry.

NJoy
08-11-2011, 08:24 PM
I guess I'm going to just have to make myself do something interesting to my hair today. I'm having another hair lazy day. I'm looking crazy but, I'm working from home so, I don't have anything pushing me to pull it together. I'm expecting hubby to call me out any moment now.:giggle:

Can't wait til my Salerm and Lacio Lacio comes in. Meantime, I guess I'll cowash or something before my hair starts to get its own ideas. :naughty:

NJoy
08-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Fresh off a 3-day detangling nightmare...er, I mean, session. I'm pre-poo'g now and then washing and conditioning. Hopefully, I can cornrow it. Probably not today since we're planning to have a family portrait taken. But within the next few days.

Ravengirl
08-24-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm loving my hair right now! Been cornrowing it at night and wearing it in a braid out during the day. I'm especially happy that I can rock curly bangs. Didn't think I was going to be able to obtain them until many years into my HHJ so it was a really nice surprise. :)

NJoy
08-25-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm loving my hair right now! Been cornrowing it at night and wearing it in a braid out during the day. I'm especially happy that I can rock curly bangs. Didn't think I was going to be able to obtain them until many years into my HHJ so it was a really nice surprise. :)

Hey girl, missed hearing from you. I'm so jelly that you can cornrow your own hair. I SO want to be able to cornrow my hair. I can do other's heads but not my own. And it's a sad sight to see when I try it.

Ravengirl
08-31-2011, 01:24 AM
Hey girl, missed hearing from you. I'm so jelly that you can cornrow your own hair. I SO want to be able to cornrow my hair. I can do other's heads but not my own. And it's a sad sight to see when I try it.

Practice, practice, practice. I really couldn't cornrow well when I started this hhj but I practiced in front of a mirror and did it once every week so that I could wear my wigs. A year and some months later it has become second nature.
---------------

For the past two weeks I have been rocking a braid out and loving it. I starting working out this week so my routine will have to be tweaked but it works for now.

NJoy
09-03-2011, 10:31 PM
I steamed and applied sulfur treatment. Not sure if I'm going to cowash it out tonight or wait until tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit lazy and it's getting late. Ehn. We'll see.

NJoy
09-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I didn't really feel like it but, I did finally get around to cowashing last night. I didn't feel like doing any detangling so, I cowashed in ponytails. Tonight I will apply my sulfur mix and wash and DC w/steam in the morning.

Lovetoinspire
09-11-2011, 10:01 PM
266I just finished my weekend marathon of installing kinky twists. :yahoo:

1. I took down the prior set Friday night.

2. I deep conditioned on dry hair; oiled scalp with BB Pine Tar.....scalp felt so good. :joy:

3. Rinsed and shampooed with Aphogee Moisture Shampoo.

4. Deep conditioned again with Gumbo Conditioner ( I mix several conditioners in a pump bottle); scalp oiled with sulphur mix

5. Rinsed and deep conditioned again with ORS Replenishing Conditioner.

6. Rinsed and oiled scalp with castor oil boosted with peppermint oil, lavender oil and cedar oil. Oiled hair with coconut oil and began twisting marathon.

7. Finished at 5:15 this evening and I am celebrating maybe 2 months of freedom from styling. Sulphur oil and Pine tar rotation caused me to have a growth spurt and I had to take prior set of twists out after only one month. Whenever I use the pine tar or sulphur mix, I oil at night and condition wash in the morning.

NJoy
09-12-2011, 09:28 AM
I just finished my weekend marathon of installing kinky twists. :yahoo:

1. I took down the prior set Friday night.

2. I deep conditioned on dry hair; oiled scalp with BB Pine Tar.....scalp felt so good.

3. Rinsed and shampooed with Aphogee Moisture Shampoo.

4. Deep conditioned again with Gumbo Conditioner ( I mix several conditioners in a pump bottle); scalp oiled with sulphur mix

5. Rinsed and deep conditioned again with ORS Replenishing Conditioner.

6. Rinsed and oiled scalp with castor oil boosted with peppermint oil, lavender oil and cedar oil. Oiled hair with coconut oil and began twisting marathon.

7. Finished at 5:15 this evening and I am celebrating maybe 2 months of freedom from styling. Sulphur oil and Pine tar rotation caused me to have a growth spurt and I had to take prior set of twists out after only one month. Whenever I use the pine tar or sulphur mix, I oil at night and condition wash in the morning.

:clap2: Nice! I don't suppose you have any pics you wanna show off...huh? :giggle: (I'm greedy when it comes to pics)

BTW, had to :rofl2: @ "gumbo conditioner". Cute.

Lovetoinspire
09-12-2011, 06:02 PM
That Gumbo tale is the natural truth! Ol' Lou came out of me :giggle: Louisiana!

As soon as my sons give me a tutorial :doh: on sending pictures , they will be posted.

NJoy
09-22-2011, 06:20 PM
I did a protein DC w/heat followed by a moisturizing DC w/steam. Yeah, the kids are home on vacation. I made today a hair day.

Ms. D
09-23-2011, 09:55 AM
I have twists in my hair..which I got bored with. So I took out the left side and put them in cornrows...then I bantu-knotted my twists for a wavier look.

NJoy
09-23-2011, 01:12 PM
I have twists in my hair..which I got bored with. So I took out the left side and put them in cornrows...then I bantu-knotted my twists for a wavier look.

Cute! Nice job with the cornrows too. I'm still trying to learn to do my own. Good job! :thumb:

NJoy
09-26-2011, 01:43 AM
Steamed my scalp and then did a nettle/rosemary/peppermint tea rinse. My hair is still in 10 braids with no end in sight. :giggle:

NJoy
09-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Yesterday and today, cowashed with MC Biotin Condish and applied sulfur mix (well, I haven't yet today but will apply tonight)

NJoy
10-05-2011, 09:31 PM
I flat ironed my roots a couple days ago so today, I cornrowed my hair...to the best of my ability. I'll be wigging it up, when needed. Otherwise, this is it. :giggle:

Perfectgirl
10-06-2011, 06:32 PM
I'll do a co-wash after sport. Then apply my JBCO and massage my head to enter.
My oil with sulfur marine yesterday. I will do the allergy test tonight.

NJoy
10-06-2011, 06:57 PM
I DC'd my hair in braids.

Ms. D
10-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Just braided my hair up for a braid-out tomorrow.

NJoy
10-07-2011, 10:46 AM
^^^ Oh please post before and after pics. I'd love to see.

NJoy
10-07-2011, 05:34 PM
I wore an impromptu braidout today and it was beautiful!...Well...since it was impromptu and I allowed my partially unravelled braids to airdry from last night's DC, my ends were straight. But still, it looked fine overall and beautiful where it was previously braided. So, I intend to try a braidout again but this time, braiding all the way to the ends and curiling the ends.

I tried to take pics but they did no justice. I'll get someone to take pics for me with the next one tho. :yahoo:

What about you, Ms.D? How'd yours turn out?

Lovetoinspire
10-07-2011, 10:35 PM
I am desperately trying to hang on to the twist install (9-11) but I have 1.5 - 2 inches of growth in some places and it is seriously time to do another marathon. The sulphur oiling coupled with the BB Pine Tar oiling and the co-washes after oil rinsing have my hair growing like weeds!

I am grateful that my hair is thriving! Feels so good not to be stressing over that anymore. God is awesome! :yahoo:

NJoy
10-08-2011, 01:04 AM
I am desperately trying to hang on to the twist install (9-11) but I have 1.5 - 2 inches of growth in some places and it is seriously time to do another marathon. The sulphur oiling coupled with the BB Pine Tar oiling and the co-washes after oil rinsing have my hair growing like weeds!

I am grateful that my hair is thriving! Feels so good not to be stressing over that anymore. God is awesome! :yahoo:

:yahoo: That's awesome!!! KUTGW, Girl! :clap2:

Lovetoinspire
10-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks so much NJoy. Now I know for sure that I am only limited by those limits I place on myself. Ding dong it's on baby!

NJoy
10-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks so much NJoy. Now I know for sure that I am only limited by those limits I place on myself. Ding dong it's on baby!

Ha HAAAA! Go Diva! :yahoo:

Perfectgirl
10-13-2011, 10:43 PM
A co-wash!!!

NJoy
10-13-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm about to get my steam on. I'm whipping up a good moisturizing DC now.

Tink
10-17-2011, 03:54 PM
I haven't done anything yet but before the day is over I will either do a co-wash or I will pre-poo and wash in the morning. I'm also going to use my sulfur mix after I wash.

NJoy
10-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Man, I've been washing, DC'g, cowash'g, all in these braids. It's really time for me to do a deep moisture treatment and rebraid my hair. I've been wigging it lately and today, my hair is wrapped in a scarf. It's poker night for hubby so, it's hair time for me. :giggle:

But if you could see my head right now... smh.

Sweet_Intent
10-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Happy to say that I have been doing a deep conditioning session for about 21Hours :)
I applied n smooth the AOHS conditioner like I would If I was self-relaxing... Plastic conditioning cap to capture all my natural body heat and wrapped that with my scarf. All of this is to prep for my hair for a sew-in thats goin in Tonight. Which I hope to keep in for about 5 to 6 weeks.

NJoy
10-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Happy to say that I have been doing a deep conditioning session for about 21Hours :)
I applied n smooth the AOHS conditioner like I would If I was self-relaxing... Plastic conditioning cap to capture all my natural body heat and wrapped that with my scarf. All of this is to prep for my hair for a sew-in thats goin in Tonight. Which I hope to keep in for about 5 to 6 weeks.

I'd love to see a pic of your sew-in (*hint*hint*)

NJoy
10-18-2011, 11:54 PM
So hubby came home sooner than expected so, I didn't get a chance to do anything last night. Tonight tho, I did a really good search and destroy, oiled my hair with EVOO, rebraided some of the braids and applied sulfur mix. Oil rinsing and cowashing tomorrow.

Ms. D
10-19-2011, 10:58 AM
^^^ Oh please post before and after pics. I'd love to see.

So sorry for the late response.

Attached are pics of how I braided my hair and the outcome when I took the braids out.

NJoy
10-19-2011, 01:37 PM
So sorry for the late response.

Attached are pics of how I braided my hair and the outcome when I took the braids out.

OMG! So beautiful!! :clap2:

NJoy
10-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Well, I haven't done anything yet but, here are my plans.

I had conditioner in my hair all yesterday, since I had to take my dad to his dr appt and didn't feel like washing it out last night. Today, I will be doing an oil rinse, detangling and rebraiding in big chunky braids. I think I'm going to prep for henna/indigo tomorrow. I'd do it tonight but tonight is date night. I'll be wigging it, of course. In fact, I think I'll steam my hair while this conditioner is still in. I don't think it's really necessary after having conditioner in all day yesterday but, I've been wanting to get under my steamer for the past few days. Here's my chance. I want my hair as hydrated as I can get it before I hit it with henna. The oil rinse should seal in the moisture.

Afro_Chic
10-22-2011, 02:30 AM
I know I've been MIA but things have been crazy. Life has settled down a bit and I've finally have time to check on my hair. My ends were horrible. I had about 4 inches cut off and am back to NL now but my hair feels so much better. Tonight I'm DC'g and waiting for my sulphur to come in to make Njoys growth mix. I'd like to get at least an inch before the year's out.

NJoy
10-22-2011, 04:46 PM
I know I've been MIA but things have been crazy. Life has settled down a bit and I've finally have time to check on my hair. My ends were horrible. I had about 4 inches cut off and am back to NL now but my hair feels so much better. Tonight I'm DC'g and waiting for my sulphur to come in to make Njoys growth mix. I'd like to get at least an inch before the year's out.

Welcome back. Glad things are settling down. We all know how hectic life can get. Now that you're back on track and with fresh ends, I'm sure you'll get that inch before year's end. Keep us posted! :thumb:

As for me, I plan to henna and indigo at some point today.

Afro_Chic
10-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Washed, DC, sulfur mix on scalp and got my hair cornrowed. I'm going to try wearing a wig over my braided hair and hoping I can keep it up for at least 2 weeks. If so, I may invest in another wig and try braids and wigs as my protective style. I really want to make my goal and am willing to go hard.

NJoy
10-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Finally getting around to henna'g today. My hair has been covered in it for 3 hours. I'll wash it out and apply indigo in about an hour or so. After that, I'll do a good DC. This is a lengthy process but well worth the trouble. I don't know why I've been resisting henna'g my hair while stretching. I'm sure it will help.

NJoy
10-28-2011, 01:13 PM
My hair is in random braids right now. I'm trying to keep them moisturized without being wet. Wet tempts me to chop off my ends and allowing my hair to be dry feels better.

NJoy
11-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Picked up some Hair One (Sally's version of Wen) and some Crece Pelo (or something like that) leave in. Trying them both in a few. Right now, my hair is soaking in Chicoro's moisturizing pre-poo. Braids are still working out for my hair laziness. :giggle: Tomorrow is a field trip to a mega beauty supply store. I want to pick up some Salerm 21 and whatever else falls into my basket. :cool:

NJoy
11-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Absolutely nothing. Put off the trip to the Mega BSS because of the pending boycott. If you haven't heard, a boycott of Asian-Owned BSS is being planned as I type this. I'll post more details about it as plans firm up but, for now, I'll be looking for a local Black-Owned BSS to visit. So today, my hair is still in random braids and put up. I may moisturize tonight but, my hair feels fine. *shrugs*

mividabella
11-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Nothing, not even sulfur! I am off my game! So much is going on right now...

Ravengirl
11-05-2011, 12:08 PM
I moisturized and sealed my hair yesterday. I need to wash it but feel too lazy to do so. Maybe tomorrow.

NJoy
11-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Nothing, not even sulfur! I am off my game! So much is going on right now...

I hope everything's ok with you.

NJoy
11-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Yesterday I went out with my fam and stumbled onto a little shop that sells shea butter and shea butter and oils mixes. I picked up some shea butter (extra 5 bucks to blend in essential oils that I already have? No ma'am). I got a nice amount of whipped shea butter for ten bucks, detangled my braids, "buttered" my hair and braided it back up. Today, my hair still feels soft and moisturized. So, nothing else was done.

mividabella
11-06-2011, 09:55 PM
I hope everything's ok with you.

Thanks for your concern, I am trying to find my balance. Work, then being a mommy/wife or wife/mommy, extended family, etc etc. But I am ok, I know that I'm not going to get a burden greater than I can bear; it's not even a lot, it's just a balancing act.

mividabella
11-06-2011, 09:56 PM
I shampooed with BioInfusion, that stuff gets my hair squeaky clean. Then cowashed and about to put my hair in twists to make my sulfur application easier for the week.

NJoy
11-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks for your concern, I am trying to find my balance. Work, then being a mommy/wife or wife/mommy, extended family, etc etc. But I am ok, I know that I'm not going to get a burden greater than I can bear; it's not even a lot, it's just a balancing act.

Yep. We women always have to learn to manage the fine art of balance. For me, I take inventory of those things that stress/drain me and what brings me joy. Then I work to delegate or eliminate whatever I can from the stress/drain list and add more of the joy-producing things. That way, even if there's still much to do, life feels better because of the good stuff. That extended family part was the toughest for me but pray, expect things to turn around and do whatever you can to help the situation change.

Flashing back to earlier in my marriage with raising 4 kids (5 now) and very active in their school, married to an entrepreneur, being an entrepreneur, teaching at my church and having extended family in our home, all up in our "bidnezz". smh. I was pulled in a zillion directions. Delegate what you can. Eliminate what's really not important. Schedule the rest. And don't forget to add the little things that make you smile. For me that meant easy little things like a bouquet of fresh flowers every week. Candlelit bubble baths. Music in the house.

I guess all this wasn't really necessary to say because I know you got this! But, just sharing how I reach for balance. Life is gooooood. Don't let it wear you out.

NJoy
11-07-2011, 11:23 AM
I haven't done anything to my hair other than butter it up with shea butter and finger detangle on Saturday. I think I'll wash with Hair One, do a light reconstructor and a nice moisturizing DC today. I think I'll do some sort of scalp treatment/scrub/massage or something too. Just not sure what yet. :confused:

I have a sick chick at home so I'll be working at my laptop. May as well get some sort of treatment time in.

Ravengirl
11-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Looking through a list of the products that I used over the past year. I need to get my arsenal ready for the winter. I have been trying the Giovanni Direct Leave-In and it is a complete dud for my hair. My hair feels really dry and crispy and I just washed it yesterday. It's a shame because I really like the Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo and conditioners.
Anyway, I washed, detangled and did a much needed deep condition with the Mizani Kerafuse (protein) and Hydrafuse (moisture) mix. My hair felt great until I put that leave-in in it. *sigh* Right now I am putting the front part of my hair into cornrows and the back in individual braids. Hopefully it will last a week or two.

NJoy
11-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm ramping up for the winter too. I've been trying new products but think going back to the basics may be the path. I'm definitely adding butters to my regi. I used some whipped shea butter on Saturday and am still feeling soft and moisturized today.

As for Giovanni Direct LI, I never understood the hype. It's a'ight. Maybe it works better for naturals but, it's just a'ight to me.

Ravengirl
11-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm ramping up for the winter too. I've been trying new products but think going back to the basics may be the path. I'm definitely adding butters to my regi. I used some whipped shea butter on Saturday and am still feeling soft and moisturized today.

As for Giovanni Direct LI, I never understood the hype. It's a'ight. Maybe it works better for naturals but, it's just a'ight to me.

I totally bought into the hype when I saw the rave reviews from other naturals. My hair hasn't felt this awful in a really long time. I cannot wait to finish the bottle and will never buy that stuff again. The shampoo is nice and I really like the conditioner but it's too expansive at the rate that I use up a bottle since I have to use so much of it on each wash. *sigh* I also don't like the design of the bottles. They are hard to hold and squeeze with wet hands.
So far I know what shampoos conditioners and moisturizers to stock up on but if anyone has a recommendation for a good protein and moisturizing deep treatment it would be greatly appreciated. My hair is naturally very dry so I will have to do regular moisturizing deep treatments this winter.

Afro_Chic
11-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Still doing cornrows under wigs. DC weekly. I love it. So easy.

Ravengirl
11-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Still doing cornrows under wigs. DC weekly. I love it. So easy.

How long do you plan to keep up the cornrows and wigs? Trust me when I say that if you keep it up your hair will grow like a weed. :)

Afro_Chic
11-07-2011, 06:51 PM
How long do you plan to keep up the cornrows and wigs? Trust me when I say that if you keep it up your hair will grow like a weed. :)

They've only been in for a couple weeks but I'm planning to keep them in for a month at a time. And I sure hope it helps.

NJoy
11-07-2011, 09:08 PM
I totally bought into the hype when I saw the rave reviews from other naturals. My hair hasn't felt this awful in a really long time. I cannot wait to finish the bottle and will never buy that stuff again. The shampoo is nice and I really like the conditioner but it's too expansive at the rate that I use up a bottle since I have to use so much of it on each wash. *sigh* I also don't like the design of the bottles. They are hard to hold and squeeze with wet hands.
So far I know what shampoos conditioners and moisturizers to stock up on but if anyone has a recommendation for a good protein and moisturizing deep treatment it would be greatly appreciated. My hair is naturally very dry so I will have to do regular moisturizing deep treatments this winter.

I use aphogee 2 minute reconstructor for a light protein treatment or an egg added to whatever DC I whip up. I pretty much come up with my own DC mixes. Silicon Mix is usually the base and then I add thing like honey, molasses, olive oil and avocado oil for moisture. NTM Hair Mask is also one of my fave moisturizing DC.

NJoy
11-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Last night I did a scalp massage with oil but today, I'm DEFINITELY washing it. I've been njoy'g well-moisturized braids with shea butter that I applied saturday night. Time to stop being lazy and hit some water. :clap2:

Ravengirl
11-10-2011, 02:59 AM
I ended up re-washing my hair early so will hold out washing for few extra days to keep my scalp from going crazy. Just keeping my hair braided, moisturizing and sealing from here on. After my next wash it will be back to protective styling 24/7 for probably a whole year.

NJoy
11-13-2011, 03:06 AM
I did absolutely nothing to my hair today. It's still in random Celie braids and baggied under a plastic cap and snood.

Ravengirl
11-14-2011, 04:44 AM
I attempted a braid-out today not realizing that I would end with two vastly different curl patterns because I braided my hair two different ways in the front and back. Oops. Did small cornrows in the front and chunky plaits in the back. So I ended up wearing it up covered in a phony pony. *sigh*

NJoy
11-14-2011, 10:02 AM
I attempted a braid-out today not realizing that I would end with two vastly different curl patterns because I braided my hair two different ways in the front and back. Oops. Did small cornrows in the front and chunky plaits in the back. So I ended up wearing it up covered in a phony pony. *sigh*

Dang. Well, now you know. Back to the drawing board.

Ravengirl
11-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Gearing up for a month in cornrows. Got my shower cap on now to DC with some Redken All Soft Heavy Cream.

NJoy
11-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Gearing up for a month in cornrows. Got my shower cap on now to DC with some Redken All Soft Heavy Cream.

Are you doing your own braids? I'm still trying to learn to cornrow my own hair.

I finally took my braids out. It would be nice if the 2 textures weren't so blatantly different. I'm gonna wash, DC and try to cornrow mine down too. I'm thinking about getting a short sassy wig. we'll see tho.

Ravengirl
11-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Are you doing your own braids? I'm still trying to learn to cornrow my own hair.

I finally took my braids out. It would be nice if the 2 textures weren't so blatantly different. I'm gonna wash, DC and try to cornrow mine down too. I'm thinking about getting a short sassy wig. we'll see tho.
Yep, I do my own. It's not perfect because I was lazy about it but it's going under a wig anyway. I have been lazy with my hair lately so I think it is a good time to take a break without completely neglecting it.

NJoy
11-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Ok, I didn't baggy my hair last night so, it's feeling a bit dry and I haven't rebraided yet. I think now's a good time for a nice oil scalp massage followed by a moisturizing DC.

How you doin'? :wave:

Rzilynt
11-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Not much to report. Just learning how to style my natural hair. I am getting a little tired of the same look
everyday, nothing fancy. Just learning that different products do doing different things. I am not able to
stay consistent with the sulfur this time in my HJ. Smell is not agreeable with me. So I went back to
another product that I have used in the past that has MSM. (Gro Aut oil) this is the first week, so I will
post back if there are any note worthy reporting's like I have had in the past. I would like to give it at least a month or two.

I am also doing the GHE. Sure hope that it will help keep down the SSK. If I don't get a handle on
that, then I don't know what I will do.

Signing off until next time.

RZ~

NJoy
11-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Not much to report. Just learning how to style my natural hair. I am getting a little tired of the same look
everyday, nothing fancy. Just learning that different products do doing different things. I am not able to
stay consistent with the sulfur this time in my HJ. Smell is not agreeable with me. So I went back to
another product that I have used in the past that has MSM. (Gro Aut oil) this is the first week, so I will
post back if there are any note worthy reporting's like I have had in the past. I would like to give it at least a month or two.

I am also doing the GHE. Sure hope that it will help keep down the SSK. If I don't get a handle on
that, then I don't know what I will do.

Signing off until next time.

RZ~

Hey Girl. Thanks for the update. I hope you can find some good styles. What styles have you tried and what are you considering? Finding nice styles is tricky. I'm working with two textures so I know your pain. I wig it from time to time but not everyday. And finding ways to wear my hair with no heat and still looking decent is a challenge. Not to mention experimenting with different products for the different textures is tricky too. For the first time in my HHJ, I'm seeing split ends. I'm so busy focusing on new products that I've forgotten that my relaxed ends need me to stick with my early staples. Ah well. I expect these ends won't be an issue in 2012. I'm threatening to cut 'em off but have to consider the fact that I don't know that I'll know how to style shorter hair.

Decisions, decisions.

NJoy
11-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Well, not only didn't I do a scalp massage but, I didn't really have time to do much of anything. But, last night, I looked at my ends and saw a few splits and a couple breaking hairs. I mean about to break off an inch or so up the shaft. Now I'm thinking that if I see these in the front, there must also be splits in the back too. So, I did Chicoro's moisturizing pre-poo, added extra moisture on the ends and baggied my hair before bed. Oh, I clipped the broken and split ends that I saw and will be DC today (still under a baggy now :giggle:)

I haven't been giving my ends the same sort of attention as last year. I think because I'm in a longterm stretch and have so much texlaxed hair, I'm not able to baggy bun like I used to. I'm usually in Celie braids and my ends are exposed (last year my ends didn't see the light of day). I've been sort of lax with it because I don't intend to keep those ends anyway. And, because I've been more focused on the thickness, I've been trying products that work for naturals when I should've been continuing with products that work for relaxed hair on my ends.

I'm not tripping tho. This year has been pretty hectic and my hair has really been taking a back seat. I'm anxious to see what I have at the end of the year. I'm pleased with how long my hair has gotten. But now that I'm here, I'm wondering "what the heck was I thinking". This is going to require some work in upkeep. My texlaxed hair is deliciously thick. My bonelaxed ends look puny by comparison. Time to make some hard decisions. But for now, I'm going to trim back another inch while my hair is still unbraided.

mividabella
11-20-2011, 12:08 AM
I did GHE today and Hubby was like...why are you in bed with a beanie?:confused: Uhhh....LOL

I'm about to apply my sulfur mix before I go to bed.

NJoy
11-20-2011, 08:55 PM
I did GHE today and Hubby was like...why are you in bed with a beanie?:confused: Uhhh....LOL

I'm about to apply my sulfur mix before I go to bed.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

mividabella
11-21-2011, 12:15 AM
Yea it was hilarious. He knows I'm growing my hair out, but when I start with the details he's like:confused: so I don't even say anything.

Today I cowashed the sulfur mix out from last night, moisturized & sealed my braids w/olive oil & shea butter mix and am getting ready to reapply the sulfur b4 I go to bed. I bought regular castor oil from Wal-mart today and I want to see if it works the same (since it's cheaper) as JBCO so I will apply it to my edges to see if I get any growth like I did when I first started using JBCO.

NJoy
11-21-2011, 01:49 AM
My day's been pretty low key. I left it baggied and covered with a cap. Baggying last night left it too moist to do anything else. Giving myself a scalp massage tonight. But, that's about it. #lazyday

mividabella
11-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Cowashed & DC'ed with ORS. I put olive oil & shea butter (mixed) on my hair before I washed out the DC. It left my hair tangle free!! It was my lazy version of oil rinsing, and it worked! Right now I have 4 braids to make it easier to apply sulfur later on. Going to put castor oil on my edges & nape b4 I go to sleep.

NJoy
11-21-2011, 10:42 PM
Really in the mood to do an aPhogee 2-step treatment. It's pretty late to get started with that but, I think I will anyway. I won't have time to do it any other time soon. Then I'll do an overnight moisturizing DC. Yep. Better get to it.

NJoy
11-22-2011, 05:47 PM
But I didn't. And now I'm pressed for time. My kitchen and bathroom floors are being retiled and all my kitchen stuff is in my diningroom. Hello? How can I get this house ready for our HUGE Thanksgiving Dinner? Awe man. Maybe I'll get to my hair tonight an prep it for a twist out a la HairCrush. Ahhhhh, I can only dream...

Here's a little eye candy for your viewing pleasure. Ahhhhhh, I can only dream....

http://youtu.be/sFMkR6MZgOY

NJoy
11-23-2011, 01:27 AM
It's after midnight and I'm under a dryer doing a hard protein treatment with aPhogee 2-step. I've been avoiding it since I've started my journey but, I remember feeling like it always makes my hair so strong. And since I plan to texlax or flat iron my hair next week, I want it in the strongest possible condition.

Gotta say, I know I've been lazy with cowashing my hair. I washed my hair tonight and it was so dirty. But before washing it, I lightly finger detangled since my hair has been in Celie braids for...well, seems like forever. I washed it with Hair One (Sally's version of Wen) Olive Oil formula. It's been so long since I've had my hair loose in the shower. It felt wonderfully thick. I had to step out of the shower just to take a peek at what I was working with. I'm thinking, my hair is looking thick enough to put myself with the luscious heads like HairCrush (...uh, hold on there. She's 100% natural and I'm mostly texlaxed. Maybe not THAT thick. :giggle:) But thick enough to put away the notion of cutting my hair or rushing to texlax. I'm seriously gonna try some braidouts and continue wearing my hair braided until the end of this year to see what I have.

I am newly in love with my hair again.

P.S. This treatment is stinky and now my bedroom is going to smell like this stuff all night. Ahhhh, it's the price I pay for beautiful hair.

P.P.S. I probably will still cut my hair at the end of the year but not as much as I'd planned.

P.P.P.S. And I'll be doing an overnight moisturizing DC after rinsing out this treatment.

'tis all.

Ravengirl
11-25-2011, 04:35 PM
So it's been ten days in my cornrows and they already look a bit frizzy. I am going to have to fight to urge to redo them since no one is going to see them anyway. I want to make it to at least 2 weeks before I have to do a wash again. For the past few days I have just been keeping my hair moisturized.
Also, I really want a decent flat iron. Been looking at the GVP from Sally's and might buy it since I need something to straighten my hair with in order to do trims. Come December it will be six months since my last trim and I would like to start the New Year with fresh ends.

NJoy
11-25-2011, 05:41 PM
I didn't have time to do anything to my hair yesterday. So today, I need to cowash or something. My roots are tangled, I'm sure. My 15th anniversary is on Wednesday so, I need to make the decision to flat iron or texlax. After seeing the thickness during my last cowash, I decided then and there that I'll just flat iron but, now that I'm all braided again, I'm flip flopping. My thickness is texlaxed thickness. I'm gonna texlax. It's just a question of when. This week or at the end of the year. And, I have to factor in that the end of the year is pretty busy so.... Oh, and I'll be flat ironing when I texlax to so...

Ravengirl
11-25-2011, 07:23 PM
I didn't have time to do anything to my hair yesterday. So today, I need to cowash or something. My roots are tangled, I'm sure. My 15th anniversary is on Wednesday so, I need to make the decision to flat iron or texlax. After seeing the thickness during my last cowash, I decided then and there that I'll just flat iron but, now that I'm all braided again, I'm flip flopping. My thickness is texlaxed thickness. I'm gonna texlax. It's just a question of when. This week or at the end of the year. And, I have to factor in that the end of the year is pretty busy so.... Oh, and I'll be flat ironing when I texlax to so...

Just wanted to say happy anniversary! Come tell us how you deiced to wear your hair for the special day. I'm sure you will look awesome.

mividabella
11-27-2011, 10:15 PM
P.P.S. I probably will still cut my hair at the end of the year but not as much as I'd planned.

^^Lucy, you got some 'splainin to do! How much are you cutting? Are you going natural?

I've been real lazy these past few days so I haven't done much but take down my hair and put it in a bun. I have been applying castor oil to my edges and scalp though. I stopped the sulfur out of sheer laziness, but I will get back on the ball tomorrow.

Oh, @Njoy, congrats on your anniversary!:clap2:

NJoy
11-28-2011, 01:54 PM

^^Lucy, you got some 'splainin to do! How much are you cutting? Are you going natural?

I've been real lazy these past few days so I haven't done much but take down my hair and put it in a bun. I have been applying castor oil to my edges and scalp though. I stopped the sulfur out of sheer laziness, but I will get back on the ball tomorrow.

Oh, @Njoy, congrats on your anniversary!:clap2:

Thanks, girl. And no, I'm not going natural. I'm transitioning to fully texlaxed. I've been wrestling with that whole choice for a long time. Ultimately, I've decided that I don't want the extreme shrinkage of fully natural hair and I don't want to flat iron to get my length to show. I'm hoping with texlaxing that I can do twistouts to keep my hair stretched. And tho yo u won't see the full length like that, I'll still be able to show a lot of length. But, for it to looki right, I have to get rid of these bonelaxed ends.

That said, I'll be cutting off the bonelaxed ends. It looks like about 5" but, my hair is layered so, I don't really know how that will turn out.

mividabella
11-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Thanks, girl. And no, I'm not going natural. I'm transitioning to fully texlaxed. I've been wrestling with that whole choice for a long time. Ultimately, I've decided that I don't want the extreme shrinkage of fully natural hair and I don't want to flat iron to get my length to show. I'm hoping with texlaxing that I can do twistouts to keep my hair stretched. And tho yo u won't see the full length like that, I'll still be able to show a lot of length. But, for it to looki right, I have to get rid of these bonelaxed ends.

That said, I'll be cutting off the bonelaxed ends. It looks like about 5" but, my hair is layered so, I don't really know how that will turn out.

I would love to be texlaxed for the EXACT same reason. I'm just scared since I had one perm in my whole life and it scarred me forever. It was not a good experience. I will probably end up being a heat-trained natural because the shrinkage is killing me. So if you cut 5", what length do you think you will be at? Would you grow it back to HL?

Oh, today I cowashed, m&s with ORS and CO, and applied sulfur mix.

NJoy
11-29-2011, 01:22 AM
I would love to be texlaxed for the EXACT same reason. I'm just scared since I had one perm in my whole life and it scarred me forever. It was not a good experience. I will probably end up being a heat-trained natural because the shrinkage is killing me. So if you cut 5", what length do you think you will be at? Would you grow it back to HL?

Oh, today I cowashed, m&s with ORS and CO, and applied sulfur mix.

I'm thinking 5" will put me back at MBL, which is a fabulous length but sounds like a lot of hair. I'd really like to cut no shorter than a full WL and then do a few trims on my way back to HL.

I hear you on being nervous about texlaxing. If I could handle regular flat ironing, I'd be willing to go natural. I'm hoping that once I'm used to handling texlaxed thickness and finding ways to stretch so that more length shows, then I'll transition to natural. I think when I do get rid of my straight ends, I'll be able to do nice twistouts and braidouts. But I would love for them to hang at mbl on me.

NJoy
11-29-2011, 01:38 AM
I was prepared to do a texlax tomorrow but decided to hold off til 12/11. I've been detangling my hair for the past 2 nights. My hair feels pretty strong since I did the hard protein aphogee treatment last week. I finger detangled dry hair, moisturized and put my hair in 2-strand twists. I'm done for tonight. I'll probably do an overnight prepoo, wash in the morning, blowdry on cool and flat iron my roots. I'll probably use my Caruso rollers for a big, loose curl look for my anniversary. Hubby wants to see my hair out, I'd like it to look it's length.

Wee! I'm excited!:yahoo: I look forward to feeling my hair out too. I can't wait!

mividabella
11-29-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm thinking 5" will put me back at MBL, which is a fabulous length but sounds like a lot of hair. I'd really like to cut no shorter than a full WL and then do a few trims on my way back to HL.

I hear you on being nervous about texlaxing. If I could handle regular flat ironing, I'd be willing to go natural. I'm hoping that once I'm used to handling texlaxed thickness and finding ways to stretch so that more length shows, then I'll transition to natural. I think when I do get rid of my straight ends, I'll be able to do nice twistouts and braidouts. But I would love for them to hang at mbl on me.

When you find ways to stretch so length shows, lemme know too! I swear, I have a permanent shoulder length 'do unfortunately. I truly believe that is one of the reasons it was easy for SHS to get me when I finally would get my hair done. I never knew my true length so I wouldn't realize how much they actually cut off.

But I'm sure with your length you would be at least MBL with braidouts. Have fun on your anniversary, but...we want a pic of your hair when you come up for air :giggle:

ETA: I will probably flat-iron once a month professionally until I learn how to do it myself.

mividabella
12-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Did a wash 'n' go...getting back on the sulfur, have a few more weeks of growing left for this year...gotta make it count!

Lovetoinspire
12-05-2011, 09:25 PM
I have been working on installing kinky twists today. They free me up to work my wardrobe, my nails, my sewing, my studying, my kitchen!

At this stage in my life, I take more short cuts and take time to enjoy the flowers:red dancer:

I deep conditioned my hair, oiled my scalp and pre-washed the extension hair the night before my twisting marathon.

Hello Beautiful Me :blowkiss:

NJoy
12-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I don't know why I was in such a rush to cowash my hair after i spent so much time flat ironing and trying to style it. I thought I could just get away with flat ironing the root only and then curling with my Caruso rollers but, I just ended up looking like Mufasa:

I ended up lightly going over the length (but not the ends) to try to get it looking presentable to wear out for our anniversary dinner. /By the time I was done, my head was sweating and my roots were puffing up again.

Um, I ended up bunning.

Now that I've cowashed, I'm back to incredible shrinkage. Ah well.

After getting out of the shower last night, I decided to BC a small section of my hair to see what my natural hair looks like.

Cute, huh?

i'm still wrestling with if and when to BC. As it stands now, I'm thinking of cutting my bonelaxed end towards the end of this month and then maybe BC'g in the Spring or Summer around my birthday. I just don't know if I can handle the shrinkage making my hair look so short. I think it will make my head look big AND hubby is not cool with the idea at all. Ah well.

So tonight, I'm doing an overnight DC and then trying to get my hair in about 8 sections. Right now, it's only in 2 and looking a little...uh...interesting.

Lovetoinspire
12-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Well, let me put my two cents in....... that is Princess Hair! Scissors in it :jaw:

NJoy
12-07-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm...gonna....do it...

I'm doing it!

I've decided to officially transition to natural. :faint:

I've been stalking Hair Crush (Chime) fotki and i'm just :worship2: I LOVE her hair at every stage. I mean, even the shorter length was awesome. Her hair my dream hair. Big and lush and BIG! I want THAT hair. Funny because, I felt like Mufasa when my roots were flat ironed. I can't even imagine how give my hair will be fully natural.

Here's Mufasa doing a length check by the way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/tonia1c/2011-11-30161251-1.jpg

So, that's my new goal. Go from "wow" to " WOAH!!!!". :yahoo:

Whaddya think?

BC my bonelaxed ends this month and texlaxed ends in the spring. And.....go!

Lovetoinspire
12-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Sister, your hair has been my prayer forever! It use to make me cry I wanted it so badly.

I so admire the way you share your tips to those of us who want their dream hair.

I will never give up my dream of having hair that touches my back like fluttering butterfly wings.

No matter the cut, you will still be beautiful.

I just got misty.....must be hormonal.

NJoy
12-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Sister, your hair has been my prayer forever! It use to make me cry I wanted it so badly.

I so admire the way you share your tips to those of us who want their dream hair.

I will never give up my dream of having hair that touches my back like fluttering butterfly wings.

No matter the cut, you will still be beautiful.

I just got misty.....must be hormonal.

Awwww, what a blessing you are. Thank you for the beautiful thoughts. Keep visualizing and keep expecting. I've never had hair like this before. It's definitely acheivable!

Lovetoinspire
12-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Thanks so much for the positive input! It really does matter :cheer2:

NJoy
12-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Last night, I rinsed out the overnight DC that I had in my hair, nearly all day. I used One and Only Argan Moisture Restorative Mask. My NG is so thick at 33 wks post that I wasn't really able to comb thru it at all. I used Infusium's Moisture Conditioner to close the cuticles and provide some slip but, I didn't force it. I put my hair in 2 ponytails and let it airdry overnight.

Today, I have to find a way to break these two ponytails down into multiples. Ideally I'd like to get my hair cornrowed down but, that's getting way ahead of myself. For now, since I have a decent part in the front from my two ponytails, I'll wear a 1/2 wig or I'll baggy 3/4 of my head and cover with a black satin cap and then one of those heavy nets. I plan to head out to TSC to buy some Cowboy Magic. I hear that's great for detangling. We shall see.

Ravengirl
12-08-2011, 05:37 PM
NJoy is transitioning to natural! WHOA! Mufasa looks awesome by the way. I love big hair too but I understand that straightening can be some work.

~ * * * ~
I'm doing my hair today to be ready for the meetup on Saturday! That means the big shebang: hot oil pretreatment, wash, deep condition under dryer, detangle, moisturize and seal, and braiding for the braid-out I will be wearing on Saturday. (Sounds like a lot but it really isn't since I'm used to it by now.)
After the weekend it will be to cornrows and wigs into the New Year.

NJoy
12-08-2011, 08:14 PM
NJoy is transitioning to natural! WHOA! Mufasa looks awesome by the way. I love big hair too but I understand that straightening can be some work.

~ * * * ~
I'm doing my hair today to be ready for the meetup on Saturday! That means the big shebang: hot oil pretreatment, wash, deep condition under dryer, detangle, moisturize and seal, and braiding for the braid-out I will be wearing on Saturday. (Sounds like a lot but it really isn't since I'm used to it by now.)
After the weekend it will be to cornrows and wigs into the New Year.

Whoa Mama! I can't wait!!! I'ma be a picture taking maniac!

And I LOVE big hair. My hubby is giving me grief about the idea of going natural and thinks Big Hair is hair that isn't done yet. Ah well. He has time to prepare himself because the Diva WILL be in the house.

Ravengirl
12-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Whoa Mama! I can't wait!!! I'ma be a picture taking maniac!

And I LOVE big hair. My hubby is giving me grief about the idea of going natural and thinks Big Hair is hair that isn't done yet. Ah well. He has time to prepare himself because the Diva WILL be in the house.
Oh, snap! That reminds me that I have to find my camera!!!!
Awww sorry to hear that your hubby isn't quite on board yet with the going natural thing. Maybe he'll turn around as it grows out.

So I added two conditioners that I am trying to use up to the pre-poo (I hate that word) with my usual oils. Been deep conditioning under two shower caps for 3 hours now since I'm still working on my final for an online college class. *sigh* I am almost done though. I hope my hair isn't too soft when I do wash it tonight.

NJoy
12-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Yep. Still detangling. Almost finished half last night but, I tire easily. Cowboy Magic works well. But still, I have to go section by section. And that takes time. Where's the product that allows you to spray it all over your hair and tangles just fall loose? Now THAT would be some magic. *sigh* Ah well. I'll get back on it...at some point.

I feel a wig coming on for the Atlanta Meet Up.

Ravengirl
12-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Started doing search and destroy today. Did the front and will do the back another day. I lightly flat ironed the front right side of my hair and I'm very happy with the thickness I have gained even though my hair isn't long yet. I am not happy with how rough my ends were but I didn't cut them (just split ends and knots) because I suspect it maybe a symptom of the protein treatment I did recently. Aphogee is the devil!
I will finish the back before the year is over and hope to not have to do another trim for another six months.

NJoy
12-21-2011, 10:08 PM
My hair has been in twists for the past few days. I've been retwisting a few at a time. I really need to wash but I'm feeling pretty tired from running around, getting ready for Christmas. I'm pooped! But, I'll need to pull it together and get a trim or S&D in on Christmas Eve. I've decided to do all my trims by moon phases. I'm not sure if it'll make a difference or not but at the very least, I'll have some way to set a date to stick to. I'm planning to trim at least once a quarter.

btw, I'm 35 wks post today.

NJoy
12-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Well, I did wash and condition my hair. I added my leave ins and allowed it to airdry overnight before finger detangling and doing a 2-day S&D starting on Christmas Eve. I've consolidated some of my twists into larger sections of braids so, I'm in Celie braids now. I suppose I'll be in a snood around the house and will wig it to a wedding that I'm invited to today.

Gotta say, my ends look to be in pretty good condition during my S&D. I do need to even out my hemline tho. Sort of hard to tell and do with all this shrinkage going on so, I'll leave it alone for now.

Ravengirl
12-27-2011, 04:51 AM
I must have lost my mind these past two months because my hair has been acting up and it is all my fault. *hangs head in shame* I have been trying to use up products and was quickly reminded why some of the stuff has been collected dust under my bathroom sink. Some of these stuff will either be given away or thrown in the trash. I used to think the protein sensitive and porosity stuff was silly until I realized that I really don't need protein. It's weird I have fine hair but it hates protein!
So now I am in recovery mood. *cries* Ok, so I am being a bit dramatic because I was fortunate to not have suffered protein overload but I'm not happy with the situation I put my hair in after doing so well so far.

Anyway... I have slowly been finishing up my search and destroy trim and keeping my hair in cornrows. I pretty much moisturize everyday now to combat the brittle coated feeling those products gave my hair. Here's hoping that I don't F up in 2012. lol :afro:

Divalicious
12-30-2011, 12:17 AM
Things have been so busy lately and my hair has really been neglected because of it. Today I treated myself to a much needed wash and deep conditioning treatment. I can't remember the last time I used my steamer. What a treat! My ends looked a little shabby so I did a little trim too. Maybe an inch. but, not too bad.

NJoy
12-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Last night I DC'd and did a oiled scalp massage. I'm trying to decide whether I'll straighten my hair for tonight or not. And if not, then I may straighten a section in the back for length check. I'm 36 wks post and going strong. What to do? What to do?

mividabella
12-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Last night I DC'd and did a oiled scalp massage. I'm trying to decide whether I'll straighten my hair for tonight or not. And if not, then I may straighten a section in the back for length check. I'm 36 wks post and going strong. What to do? What to do?

:poke: Straighten, straighten! We love to see your hair, it's such an inspiration!

NJoy
01-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Oy vay! I'll post my hair pic but, I'm not proud of the weight gain. *sigh* I was taking maca to put on weight on my lower body. I forgot about it as it just merged in with my regular daily supplements. I didn't realize I was still taking it until I ran out yesterday. UGH!!!

Anywho, here's my pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/tonia1c/2011-12-31235436-1.jpg

Going hard in 2012 for TBL including 4-5 inches in trims.

mividabella
01-02-2012, 05:38 PM
@Njoy, I love it!!!! Thanks, your growth is great and so inspiring. I'm so glad that I found your site, it has helped me so much. Hope we all reach our goals in 2012!

NJoy
01-04-2012, 12:01 AM
@Njoy, I love it!!!! Thanks, your growth is great and so inspiring. I'm so glad that I found your site, it has helped me so much. Hope we all reach our goals in 2012!

Oh, we're reaching our goals! No bout a doubt it. :giggle: What's your 2012 goal? And have you posted it here (http://mydivaspot.com/forums/showthread.php?388-Check-in-with-your-2012-length-goal!!!) yet?

NJoy
01-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Just washed, conditioned and did a coffee/nettle tea rinse. I used Aussie Hair Insurance Leave in (added infusium 23) and then used Silicon Mix Bambu leave in and sealed with Crisco. Yep. Crisco. Since I've started using Crisco I find that the ends of my braids don't tangle. I usually keep my hair braided in 6-8 celie braids and baggy under a hat or wig during the winter to protect my ends.

I also like to use jbco on my ends to seal and thicken them but, I'm out right now. I've just put in my order for JBCO from Sam's Caribbean Marketplace (bit.ly/yKflE0). And as I've mentioned in the review section, I've asked them for their latest discount code so, if anyone wants to put in an order, you can use the coupon code: 2007 at checkout for 15% off. :clap2: Why, oh why didn't I order last week when I saw that I was getting low. Ah well.

NJoy
01-05-2012, 05:15 PM
I woke up this morning to crazy itchyness in my scalp so, I did a warm oil scalp massage with EVOO/rosemary/tea tree oils. Ahhhhh.... Wonderful! :cool:

Believing4Life
01-11-2012, 09:59 PM
I am juist now starting on my sulfur mix to get to my goal for my birthday in July. I am just recouperating from a huge set back that left me with thinning hair and extreme breaking. I went from mid back length hair to neck length all in latter part of 2010. I have since cut my hair to ear length in 2011 and now I am at neck length and hope to regain all my length and some by the end of the year.

NJoy
01-12-2012, 12:12 AM
I am juist now starting on my sulfur mix to get to my goal for my birthday in July. I am just recouperating from a huge set back that left me with thinning hair and extreme breaking. I went from mid back length hair to neck length all in latter part of 2010. I have since cut my hair to ear length in 2011 and now I am at neck length and hope to regain all my length and some by the end of the year.

Wow. I'm sorry to hear about such a bad setback. What happened?

NJoy
01-12-2012, 02:28 PM
So I did do a sulfur mix massage last night. I was trying to hold out on using anything in my hair before bed until hubby starts traveling. Even tho he says he's used to it, I don't really want him to get used to a baggied head with various aromas. I know the rosemary EO was giving him headaches (so he said) but he claims he's ok with it now. But, I made a batch to start using Sunday and couldn't resist using it when it was time for a nice scalp massage.

Anywho, my scalp is all tingly today. I'm not going anywhere so I thought I'd leave it in until later this afternoon. I'll cowash it out then.

I need to run out and get some JBCO to start using on my ends.

mividabella
01-14-2012, 11:25 AM
I have been bunning daily, and I must say that I am very pleased with my stretched hair. It is past my shoulders in its curly state. It really makes me happy! The one thing I don't like about being natural is that it doesn't show your truth length. It is so funny since I've been natural all my life (minus 1 bad perm incident when I was 16) & now my type of hair is trendy. Go figure. Anyways, that was a long sidenote.

I need more JBCO too. I also found some pictures of my hair earlier this year and it really did grow! But I am focused on looking at YT to learn how to style my hair as it gets longer so that way I won't get lazy and be comfortable with styling.

NJoy
01-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Hello Ladies. I picked up some jbco yesterday and added some hot six oil to thin it out for my scalp massage. I'd like to do an oil rinse and cowash today but, I have so much on my plate and don't want to rewet my hair before running out today. So, tonight it is! Shoot, I'd really love to steam too but again, no time.

NJoy
01-17-2012, 02:52 AM
Washed and conditioned my hair in braids, forgetting that I can't put my braids together without Crisco on the ends. Needless to say, my braids tangled together. I tried to detangle as much as possible but finally just cut the knots out. No need going thru the added trouble when I intend to do lots of cutting this year to get rid of my bonelaxed ends anyway. Ah well.

NJoy
01-25-2012, 03:08 PM
In stark contrast to my last post, Monday night, I spent 3 hours thoroughly detangling my hair, using creamy leave ins (using up some stash) and crisco. Oh my! I LOVED being able to comb my hair thru it's full length and my hair felt so moisturized and looked so good! I think Crisco may be a staple for me. Seriously!

I did nothing to my hair yesterday because it was still so well moisturized and sealed by the Crisco. Today I plan to oil rinse using the existing Crisco followed by a cowash. I hope I love it.

BabyGirl
01-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Today I'm restarting my hair journey. It's been awhile since I've been on the boards. I haven't been taking care of my hair like I should either. Running into njoy and seeing that her hair grew even longer has me motivated again. So today I went out an bought some hair vitamins, fish oil, coconut oil and Giovanni leave in. I still need to order some jamaican black castor oil but I think I have enough to get going again.

Tonight, I washed and dc my hair. I'm thinking of trimming my ends. I ready to get back to growing my hair long.

NJoy
01-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Good morning.

I didn't oil rinse or cowash yesterday. I was so tired. But, I had some nettle/roobios/peppermint tea leftover from a previous tea rinse in the fridge. I poured that over my scalp and did some micro trimming of my ends before getting some serious sleep last night. Hopefully, I'll be able to oil rinse and cowash today. We shall see.

Bellasmom
01-26-2012, 11:00 AM
I haven't started doing much yet. But I do plan on giving my hair some much needed TLC this weekend. Well as much as my 11 month old will allow. Ive been using Kenra hair products for about 3 weeks now and so far so good. Looking for a good deep conditioner and I have to stock up on my co-wash conditioners. I noticed last night that my scalp is very itchy and starting to flake and its shedding(white bulb at the end) Not concerned too much because I don't see any breakage but my hair has thinned so much over the last year I can only imagine you will see my scalp through my hair soon if this keeps up. So my queston would be how can I stop it? What can I use to bring back thickness?

NJoy
01-26-2012, 06:17 PM
I haven't started doing much yet. But I do plan on giving my hair some much needed TLC this weekend. Well as much as my 11 month old will allow. Ive been using Kenra hair products for about 3 weeks now and so far so good. Looking for a good deep conditioner and I have to stock up on my co-wash conditioners. I noticed last night that my scalp is very itchy and starting to flake and its shedding(white bulb at the end) Not concerned too much because I don't see any breakage but my hair has thinned so much over the last year I can only imagine you will see my scalp through my hair soon if this keeps up. So my queston would be how can I stop it? What can I use to bring back thickness?

Well, I'm thinking your shedding sounds hormonal (post-partum shedding). I'm not sure if this will work but, black tea rinses work to stop shedding in its tracks. But you have to deep condition afterwards because it acts like a protein. Also, garlic helps with shedding. I always take garlic supplements and add garlic extract to my deep conditioning treatments. I'm generally not freaked out by shedding. As long as it's not breakage, that hair will come back and is a normal part of the growth cycle. In fact, my heaviest shedding usually comes before a growth spurt.

As for thickening your hair, jbco helps thicken. I also hear that Megatek not only helps with shedding but with thickening the hair. That's hearsay tho. Hopefully someone else will chime in wiht some answers.

NJoy
01-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Finally got off my tookus and oil rinsed my hair and am now doing a DC.

NJoy
02-13-2012, 11:06 PM
I washed and am now doing an overnight DC. I'm planning to try setting my hair with curlformers and didn't want to sleep on them. Hence the overnight DC. Oh, I hope this turns out nice. I'd love a cute no-heat styling option to wear my hair loose. Wish me luck!

Tink
02-18-2012, 04:02 PM
I was on hiatus and not spending much time online. I needed to get myself focused for this new year! My hair is in desperate need of some tlc. My hubby got sick and one by one the kids and I both got it. I didn't want to wash my hair until I was completely better so I have alot of product buildup. I can't wait to wash! I will be 13 weeks post relaxer tomorrow. I usually relax between 10-12 weeks. I bought more Nupur Henna Shiny & Silky from Amazon and I'm debating whether to use it before or after my relaxer...
SN: My nails are thin and break easily. Do weak nails = weak hair since their composed of the same material??? I gotta get back on my vitamins!

NJoy
02-18-2012, 04:23 PM
I was on hiatus and not spending much time online. I needed to get myself focused for this new year! My hair is in desperate need of some tlc. My hubby got sick and one by one the kids and I both got it. I didn't want to wash my hair until I was completely better so I have alot of product buildup. I can't wait to wash! I will be 13 weeks post relaxer tomorrow. I usually relax between 10-12 weeks. I bought more Nupur Henna Shiny & Silky from Amazon and I'm debating whether to use it before or after my relaxer...
SN: My nails are thin and break easily. Do weak nails = weak hair since their composed of the same material??? I gotta get back on my vitamins!

Sorry to hear that yuck bug flew thru your family but I'm glad that it's over and that you're getting back on track. I have no idea about the corelation between hair and nails but I would imagine that your hands are exposed to more wear and tearv and it could just be that.

As for th henna, using it before may keep the chemicals from pentrating and could leave your hair looking texlaxed or barely affected. Whereas afterwards, the henna will help to strengthen the hair after the chemicals hav e broken the bonds to straighten the hair. So, it depends on which u'd prefer to accomplish. Either way, keep us posted and don't forget pics.:)

Tink
02-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks NJoy! I'll wait until after! =)

NJoy
02-18-2012, 09:55 PM
I could use a henna fix myself. And indigo, might I add. I have some grays trying to band together for a takeover. It's not going down like that.

NJoy
02-19-2012, 09:09 PM
It's Sunday night and hubby has left town for work. I've been wearing my hair out for the past 5 days after using curlformers. I liked it but am now dying to put my hair away. A DC is in order but I'm trying to decide whether to simply DC or henna overnight. I'm feeling pretty tired right now. Who knows. Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow. We'll see.

NJoy
02-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Last night I ended up moisturizing and turning my curlformer curls into twists. I'm very pleased to have seen my inner HairCrush reveal itself. I don= know whether it was cutting 2 inches of bonelaxed ends or that I got caught in the rain earlier but, my twists looked much thicker and longer than usual. I'm VERY happy with that.

As for today, I'm in bed with a crushing sinus headache so nothing will be done to my hair. I'm hoping to DC tomorrow but, we'll see.

NJoy
02-23-2012, 02:53 PM
This is day 4 of this crushing sinus headache. I have prescription meds that give me relief for a bit but they also make me sleepy. Bummer.

So I did end up DC'g on Tuesday followed by a scalp treatment of the mix. I kept my hair in twists.

Yesterday I steamed my scalp and reapplied the mix.

Today, I've done nothing but intend to cowash, freshen my twists and apply mix. I need to reup on a creamy leave-in. But I may have to make do with Afro Detangler for now.

NJoy
03-02-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm gonna update here and in the stretch thread with this same post to save me a bit of time.

So I've been pretty much keeping my hair in Celie braids, which don't look so crazy at longer lengths with the ends curles. I usually have a scarf tied around the edges like a headband and the braids hanging or pinned up. Oh, and I finally realized that I can NOT detangle in the shower. I wash, DC and moisturize my hair in braids, put Crisco on the ends (which keeps the ends of my braids from tangling. A BIG issue for me) and let it airdry. Then I'm able to easily detangle. THIS is the thing that has been saving me from tangles and matting.

I tried curlformers for the first time and that worked very well. And I'm remembering to stay on top of my protein game.

I'm not having any shedding or major breakage issues like I was the first time around. Of course, I'm not under the same stress this time around either.

I went to see Diana Ross in concert last night and tried to do a twist out. My straight ends ruined the effect so I ended up putting my hair in a big, juicy bun. This is the first time that I've had my hair out of Celie braids or twists in a minute. But, because of a really good moisturizing DC, my hair is so friggen soft, fluffy and manageable now.

Check out my basic bun (with no forms, fillers or clip tricks):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/tonia1c/028-1.jpg

Taking my hair out of those twists after that DC (I did use Joico Kpak before the overnight DC), my hair looked so full and amazing! That's enough to keep me stretching. Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a transition. It seems to be going very well right now.

I noticed that my bonelaxed ends like to tangle with my texlaxed/natural textures so, I Crisco after adding my moisturizers all of the bonelaxed portion. My hair after airdrying slides right out of any tangles.

Lovetoinspire
03-03-2012, 07:16 AM
I'm gonna update here and in the stretch thread with this same post to save me a bit of time.

So I've been pretty much keeping my hair in Celie braids, which don't look so crazy at longer lengths with the ends curles. I usually have a scarf tied around the edges like a headband and the braids hanging or pinned up. Oh, and I finally realized that I can NOT detangle in the shower. I wash, DC and moisturize my hair in braids, put Crisco on the ends (which keeps the ends of my braids from tangling. A BIG issue for me) and let it airdry. Then I'm able to easily detangle. THIS is the thing that has been saving me from tangles and matting.

I tried curlformers for the first time and that worked very well. And I'm remembering to stay on top of my protein game.

I'm not having any shedding or major breakage issues like I was the first time around. Of course, I'm not under the same stress this time around either.

I went to see Diana Ross in concert last night and tried to do a twist out. My straight ends ruined the effect so I ended up putting my hair in a big, juicy bun. This is the first time that I've had my hair out of Celie braids or twists in a minute. But, because of a really good moisturizing DC, my hair is so friggen soft, fluffy and manageable now.

Check out my basic bun (with no forms, fillers or clip tricks):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/tonia1c/028-1.jpg

Taking my hair out of those twists after that DC (I did use Joico Kpak before the overnight DC), my hair looked so full and amazing! That's enough to keep me stretching. Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a transition. It seems to be going very well right now.

I noticed that my bonelaxed ends like to tangle with my texlaxed/natural textures so, I Crisco after adding my moisturizers all of the bonelaxed portion. My hair after airdrying slides right out of any tangles.

Only one word to describe that picture........Beautiful!!

NJoy
03-07-2012, 08:05 AM
For the past couple days, my hair has been perfectly moisturized so, I've been leaving it alone. It's a good thing too. I've been suffering with seasonal allergies for nearly the past 2 weeks so, I haven't really had the oomph to do anything to my hair. Today, my voice is totally gone. My throat, my eyes and my ears hurt. But you know what? I still feel like I need to do something to my hair. I'm starting to feel guilty. But, I think I'm going to have to up my meds and take it easy today too. Boy, this Crisco is doing a great job at sealing in moisture. Thank God.

Lynnerie
03-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Hey! I'm new to this forum. Right now I'm wearing a sew-in which is new for me and I next week will mark 2 months of having it in. My hair thats left out has been growing nicely and right around this time I would be texlaxing again but I'm trying to keep this style in for the full 2 months.

NJoy
03-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Hey! I'm new to this forum. Right now I'm wearing a sew-in which is new for me and I next week will mark 2 months of having it in. My hair thats left out has been growing nicely and right around this time I would be texlaxing again but I'm trying to keep this style in for the full 2 months.

Welcome Lynnerie :hiya:

What's your reggie while in a weave? Glad to hear the hair left out is growing nicely. I'm sure the hair beneath the weave should be doing equally as well. BTW, what length are you now and what are your hair goals?

NJoy
03-09-2012, 05:37 PM
So I finally washed my hair last night. I'm sure it was doing ok but, I really wanted to feel some water on my hair. And I'm so glad I did. Since I usually keep my hair in plaits and with 46 wk post shrinkage, it was great unbraid in sections, load my hair with conditioner and feel my hair hanging down my back. Seems trivial, maybe even a little vain but, it feels great to feel my hair flipping around below WL. :reddancer:

Anywho... since my hair has been, uh... resting while I've been sick, I covered my hair with EVCO before sitting under a steamer for about 10 mins, massaging my scalp to loosen it up a bit. Then I rinsed with warm water (oil rinse). I coated my ends with Joico and washed my scalp with diluted shampoo to remove any buildup from the oil mix scalp treatments from the previous week. After rinsing, I tried Suave Keratin Infusion Conditioner. I only planned to use it on my relaxed ends but it made my hair feel so smooth and gave such slip that I used it all over my hair. After rinsing that out, I also tried TRESemme Split Remedy conditioner on my ends only.

For leave ins, I tried TRESemme Split Remedy Leave in on my ends, covered my hair in EVCO and then Crisco. Can you tell I've been shopping. Just bought a new 32 oz jar of EVCO and the TRESemme conditioner and leave in. I haven't even looked at my hair today. I'm still in bed pretty medicated. But it feels good thru the scarf. I'll let you know how it turned out when I know.

mividabella
03-10-2012, 11:53 PM
I did my first Aphogee Two-Step Treatment. I bought the small pack to try, but next time I have to get a bottle. The protein smells like rotten eggs, but the moisturizer is actually pleasant. I'm going to put my hair in 4 braids and GHE tonight.

NJoy
03-11-2012, 06:18 AM
Even before finding hair boards and learning how to take care of my hair, I knew Aphogee 2 step made my hair strong and kept if from breaking. Um, but somebody should've told me not to crunch the helmet head so much. I'm sure I broke some strands just by moving my hair around. :doh: Ah well. When we know better, we do better.

I did nothing to my hair today other than massage sulfur mix on my scalp. I'm still fighting this cold and sinus infection. I feel about 90% but, I have to get rid of this residual cough, which hurts my chest and gives me headaches. Other than that, I'm doing better.

Lynnerie
03-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Welcome Lynnerie :hiya:

What's your reggie while in a weave? Glad to hear the hair left out is growing nicely. I'm sure the hair beneath the weave should be doing equally as well. BTW, what length are you now and what are your hair goals?

While I'm in this weave I'm using your sulfur mix and washing once a week. I'm tired of the hair on me so I've been wearing it in a high messy bun with a headband.

When I'm not in the weave I was just wearing wash n gos not doing any protective stying. I was natural for almost 3 years and I've gone back to relaxing now. I'm trying to manage the texlaxed hair and retain more length by protective styling. I used to wear a lot of puffs and I thought wearing my hair up was protecting it but because my ends were still exposed I wasn't reaping the benefits. So the plan is to wash once a week and wear a bun or french roll. Any style that hides my ends. I will be using the sulfur oil every night and baggying. I can't wait to take this weave out! But i'm scheduled for another one in May.

NJoy
03-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Ok, so I'm not sure whether it's the TRESemme Split Remedy or the Suave Keratin Infusion conditioner but, I no likey. :down: My hair feels so dry.

I used the TRESemme on my ends, which seemed to feel plastic-y. The Suave felt really nice in the shower. It felt like it had lots of slip. I intended to use that on the relaxed portion of my hair only but, it felt so good that I went up a little further. :sosad: My hair feels dry, dry, dry!

I tried to use an acv rinse to break down any build up and then I did a good oiling with EVCO. I baggied overnight and as my hair is airdrying from removing the plastic cap, I can already feel the dryness. I think I'll steam a moisturizing DC. I don't really want to clarify but, if the DC doesn't work, I'll try that next. Meantime, I'm not really doing anything with my hair these days so, I'm not too worried about it. I have an appointment at my son's school in the morning but I'll probably just wear a snood in the morning and be done with it.

Oh, and did I mention that I'm 47 wks post texlax? All's well so far. I'm planning a trim next week. Nothing as big as the last 2. Maybe I'll just S&D. Yeah, that's probably better.

Oh, and I'm waiting for my allergies to stop acting up to do a henna. I think I'm gonna start doing monthly henna treatments and indigo as needed to keep my hair black.

Welp. That's my update for the day.

Tink
03-16-2012, 08:03 AM
Well, I'm almost 17 weeks post and I had NO intention of stretching past 12 weeks. Life just gets in the way sometimes. Thankfully, my new growth isn't too out of control which usually is a problem after 12 weeks. That's why I don't usually stretch longer than that amount of time. Last week when I washed, my hair tangled and matted horribly!!! I think it was due to the Tresemme conditioner I used. I was distraught!!! I put on a thuggish-looking skull cap and raced to the drug store for some Aussie Moist. They probably thought I was there to rob the place they way I raced in lol. They were out of Aussie Moist so I went with my second choice: HE Hello Hydration. I told a good friend what was going on and she prayed for my hair and asked God to let "every strand be separated unto itself as the grains of sand on the sea shore." Isn't that just beautiful? If you ain't got no godly, praying friends you betta get you some lol. So I slathered conditioner all over my head, wrapped it with Saran wrap and complained to my hubby about needing some alone time with him. He eyed my Saran-wrapped head and said "real sexy... You look like you waiting on the Mother-ship." rofl He was teasing of course and I needed that laugh! The next morning I rinsed the conditioner out in the shower and put more on and detangled with my shower comb. God is so good! Only took me an hour and the ball of hair I lost was only about an inch in diameter. I plan to wash today and flat iron since I have a funeral to go to tomorrow and hopefully get my relaxer later next week. Happy Hair Growing!

NJoy
03-16-2012, 08:28 AM
Well, I'm almost 17 weeks post and I had NO intention of stretching past 12 weeks. Life just gets in the way sometimes. Thankfully, my new growth isn't too out of control which usually is a problem after 12 weeks. That's why I don't usually stretch longer than that amount of time. Last week when I washed, my hair tangled and matted horribly!!! I think it was due to the Tresemme conditioner I used. I was distraught!!! I put on a thuggish-looking skull cap and raced to the drug store for some Aussie Moist. They probably thought I was there to rob the place they way I raced in lol. They were out of Aussie Moist so I went with my second choice: HE Hello Hydration. I told a good friend what was going on and she prayed for my hair and asked God to let "every strand be separated unto itself as the grains of sand on the sea shore." Isn't that just beautiful? If you ain't got no godly, praying friends you betta get you some lol. So I slathered conditioner all over my head, wrapped it with Saran wrap and complained to my hubby about needing some alone time with him. He eyed my Saran-wrapped head and said "real sexy... You look like you waiting on the Mother-ship." rofl He was teasing of course and I needed that laugh! The next morning I rinsed the conditioner out in the shower and put more on and detangled with my shower comb. God is so good! Only took me an hour and the ball of hair I lost was only about an inch in diameter. I plan to wash today and flat iron since I have a funeral to go to tomorrow and hopefully get my relaxer later next week. Happy Hair Growing!

Girl, your story had me in suspense and rolling at the same time. I'm glad things worked out. I'm definitely going to remember that prayer. She went deep.

So sorry about your loss (funeral). Um, but (warning: selfish alert) don't waste a good flat ironing without posting pics, sis. Again, I'm glad things worked out. Hugs and love. :hug2:

Tink
03-16-2012, 08:23 PM
I am currently air drying in twists. I could kick myself for forgetting to do the acv rinse. I will flat iron after i put the little ones to bed and get hubby to snap a pic. Anyway, the Shea butter I ordered from Coastal Scents arrived today! I can't wait to whip it up! Anybody have a good recipe for that?

NJoy
03-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Yay! Pics are coming! Pics are coming! :yahoo:

Tink
03-17-2012, 08:01 AM
I'm too embarrassed to post pics. I might post one of the hairstyle I do today.

NJoy
03-17-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm too embarrassed to post pics. I might post one of the hairstyle I do today.

That's fine. Er....but, what are you embarrassed about?

NJoy
03-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Pollen is thick outside today. So, that means I'm inside and not attempting to deal with it. :nerves: Sounds like a good time to do a moisturizing DC w/steam. :yay:

Wishing you a fabulous Saturday.

NJoy
03-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Ugh!!! No honey or molasses for my DC. :wallbash: I wonder if I can get hubby to make a run to the store? :sosad:

Tink
03-17-2012, 06:21 PM
I was embarrassed about how the pic looked (my weight, hair length, and ends). I can't stand to look at it. It's upsetting to me or maybe I'm just sensitive right now. Here's a pic of what's left of the style I wore. The wind did a number on my curls. Argh! How do I post a pic from my iPhone?

NJoy
03-17-2012, 06:49 PM
After clicking reply, click the Image Icon (pic), select basic uploader, from computer (although actually your phone) and it should prompt where to pull pics from your phone.

Patiently waiting.

Tink
03-17-2012, 10:24 PM
When I click the icon I don't see an option for basic uploader. It has insert image from computer or URL but it won't allow me to select computer...

NJoy
03-17-2012, 10:41 PM
When I click the icon I don't see an option for basic uploader. It has insert image from computer or URL but it won't allow me to select computer...

Make sure "computer" tab is selected. Then, down in that bottom right hand corner. It says basic uploader.

NJoy
03-17-2012, 10:44 PM
I just realize you said it won't let you select "computer". Are you sure you can't click on the computer tab? Check again.

If all else fails, you can always upload to something like photobucket and then paste the [IMG] code or enter the url in the pic upload box.

Tink
03-17-2012, 11:52 PM
Still can't figure it out. I signed up for photobucket so maybe u can look at it there. Tink178 and the pw to view the pic is "journey"

NJoy
03-18-2012, 05:00 AM
I can't get in that way unless you share an album. Go to the pic in photobucket. The pic will have 4 associated links. Copy the "IMG Code" (hover over the pic). Paste that into your message here and it will put the pic in your post. If you click it, it will copy the code for you. All you have to do is come here and "paste" into your message. Easy peazy.

Or email me the pic here (njoy@mydivaspot.com) and I'll post it for you. Sorry. I can imagine how frustrating it must be. :bighug:

NJoy
03-18-2012, 05:06 AM
Meantime, I've been DC'g with 2 plastic caps all day. I meant to rinse it out before bed but, ah well. I'll be held hostage in the house all day tomorrow, hiding out from the pollen. I'll just finish up in the morning. I really wish I didn't have to go to bed with a squishy head tho. (of course, it's 4 am. why am I up so late anyway?)

Ah well.

Tink
03-18-2012, 08:39 AM
http://s1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Tink178/
I see the selections but I can't copy the image. I need to take a course on how to use this fancy phone! Argh!

NJoy
03-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Let us know your updated password. I can't wait to see! :yahoo:

Meantime, I'm still suffering with all this pollen. The pollen count yesterday was a record high for Georgia. It was 9369. Today is 5197. Still crazy high and it's kicking my buns.

I'm in desperate ned of a DC with yogurt and coconut cream to help loosen this ng a bit. I'm hoping to do it tonight but, it really depends on how I feel. The slightest things set me off into coughing fits so, I've been trying to medicate and sleep to avoid the drama.

What are you ladies doing today...hairwise?

Tink
03-22-2012, 02:34 PM
lol you're not missing much but the password is "journey"

NJoy
03-23-2012, 12:19 AM
lol you're not missing much but the password is "journey"

Girl, you drove me crazy trying to use that password. I finally tried it with a capital "J" (Journey) and it worked. :dizzy:

That was definitely a cute style. I mean, I know the wind tossed your curls but, I can imagine the style. Very nice. Sorry you didn't feel comfortable posting pics with your hair down. I'm sure it's not as bad as you think. We can be our own worse critics. AND, we have to remember that our hair is still "in progress". Go easy on yourself. You'll feel better about the pic when you look at it later down the road in comparison to your next check. I guarONtee.

I've definitely had pics that I didn't like...especially with weight gain but, I know that compared to the next set of pics, I'll feel much better being able to see overall improvement.

No pressure to post anything that you don't want. Thanks for sharing. We worked hard for it, didn't we? :giggling:

How are you feeling about your hair today?

NJoy
03-23-2012, 12:29 AM
Well, I did a moisturizing DC with yogurt and coconut cream added. It's messy but it does settle my ng down. I detangled and braided into 4 braids. Actually, I got lazy and sorta detangled the last quadrant but, good enough. I added my leave ins, EVCO adn coated heavily with Crisco before braiding. Tomorrow, I'll finish up with the detangling. Crisco always makes that easier for me. I'm still not planning to do anything special with my hair. Again, that's mostly out of laziness. But it looks a lot neater and will get me thru another few days before I do another DC w/steam. My hair was feeling dry and rough. I'm on a mission to fix that. I really need to find a staple moisturizer for my natural hair. I wasn't impressed with Giovanni Direct with my relaxed hair but, I think I'm gonna revisit it now.

Tink
03-23-2012, 12:44 PM
lol I had NO idea the password was case sensitive!!! Glad u figured it out. Today my hair is a wreck! I didn't use a scarf last night so it's all over my head. I plan to finger detangle then moisturize and seal. I can't find my scurl but I do have the Shea butter I just bought. I may go ahead and mix that with some coconut oil and try it on my hair. I'm anxious to get back to my sulfur mix. I haven't been using it because I've been trying to get a relaxer and I have YET to do it! *sigh* maybe this weekend...

NJoy
03-23-2012, 01:00 PM
lol I had NO idea the password was case sensitive!!! Glad u figured it out. Today my hair is a wreck! I didn't use a scarf last night so it's all over my head. I plan to finger detangle then moisturize and seal. I can't find my scurl but I do have the Shea butter I just bought. I may go ahead and mix that with some coconut oil and try it on my hair. I'm anxious to get back to my sulfur mix. I haven't been using it because I've been trying to get a relaxer and I have YET to do it! *sigh* maybe this weekend...

Woosah.... It's gonna be ok.

My hair has been crazy too lately. Mainly because I haven't been doing anything to it while struggling with these allergies. But you know what? Being at home, I'm giving myself a break and doing what I can as I'm able. Feeling like Bobby McFerrin-ish reading your post. Don't worry. Be happy.

It'll all come together soon enough. Smooch that baby for me. :infatuated:

mividabella
03-23-2012, 11:00 PM
My (own) hair has been braided for almost a week so far, my mom did it for me, and I love it. She does a great job of getting ALL like literally ALL of your hair; new growth, short growth, whatever. Picture me squinting and squirming like a five year-old. She detangles the same section like 6 times! But it came out so nice, so it was worth it! No hassle, get up and go! I have been oiling the parts (scalp) with castor oil and sealing the ends with it as well. Hubs bought me some coconut oil, so I may start using that as well for sealing the ends. I will keep them in for as long as they last.

NJoy
03-24-2012, 01:00 AM
My (own) hair has been braided for almost a week so far, my mom did it for me, and I love it. She does a great job of getting ALL like literally ALL of your hair; new growth, short growth, whatever. Picture me squinting and squirming like a five year-old. She detangles the same section like 6 times! But it came out so nice, so it was worth it! No hassle, get up and go! I have been oiling the parts (scalp) with castor oil and sealing the ends with it as well. Hubs bought me some coconut oil, so I may start using that as well for sealing the ends. I will keep them in for as long as they last.

Oh, I'm SO jealous! I wish that I could get someone that I trust to cornrow my hair. I'm so tenderheaded and with this thick ng and 3 textures, I just don't know who I could get to do my hair. If I could cornrow my own, I'd do it. I can cornrow, just not my own.

Sounds like you have a good situation over there, girl. Good for you. :great:

Tink
03-24-2012, 12:00 PM
I will be 18wks post tomorrow. I had NO intention of stretching this long and I can't wait to get a relaxer! I finally whipped up my very first batch of Shea butter using 1cup of the butter and 1/4cup of EVCO. I applied it to my hair (and heels lol) last night and I'm looking forward to seeing how my hair responds to it. If I don't get a relaxer in the next 2 days I will need to wash my hair.

NJoy
03-24-2012, 11:33 PM
I will be 18wks post tomorrow. I had NO intention of stretching this long and I can't wait to get a relaxer! I finally whipped up my very first batch of Shea butter using 1cup of the butter and 1/4cup of EVCO. I applied it to my hair (and heels lol) last night and I'm looking forward to seeing how my hair responds to it. If I don't get a relaxer in the next 2 days I will need to wash my hair.

How's your hair handling being 18 wks post? Think you can stretch it out to an even 20 wks? (just throwing that out there :giggling:).

I haven't used shea butter in my hair in a minute (don't know why I got away from it) but, it really keeps my hair moisturized. I hope it works well for you too. I think I called myself wanting to get some avocado oil to whip with my shea butter and just forgot about it. Out of sight, out of mind. I'm gonna have to get back to that.

As for me, I moisturized and sealed my braids, massaged my scalp with oil mix and baggied last night. Today was a lazy day. I didn't do much of anything. We went out to dinner and I just covered up with a wig.

I gotta say, when I was moisturizing my hair last night, (I have my hair in 4 braids) I unbraided each section and am feeling pretty good about how long my hair felt. I think the DC that I did with yogurt and coconut cream the previous night defininitely loosened my ng and allowed my hair to stretch better so that I can feel the length. Sweet! Especially after I'b been feeling discouraged by all this shrinkage.

Tink
03-25-2012, 04:24 PM
My hair didn't do too bad at 18 weeks. It's just that it takes so much more time to care for it properly when I stretch that long. I finally got my relaxer today!!! Ahhh I feel like I can breathe! I just had the stylist relax, neutralize, and apply a leave-in conditioner so I could get in and outta there! When I got home I added some whipped Shea butter and did two pochahantas twists. I'm currently about 25% dry. When it's completely dry I might flat iron so I can get a really good length check. I plan to henna in about two weeks or so and definitely get back on my game!

Tink
03-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Just popped back in to say that I uploaded two pics to my photobucket. My length looks slightly longer in the first pic because my head was tilted back. The second pic with the measuring tape is more accurate. Looks like I have about 3-4 inches to reach APL. I'll get there before the end of the year!

NJoy
03-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Just popped back in to say that I uploaded two pics to my photobucket. My length looks slightly longer in the first pic because my head was tilted back. The second pic with the measuring tape is more accurate. Looks like I have about 3-4 inches to reach APL. I'll get there before the end of the year!

You'll definitely get there before the end of the year! KUTGW, girly!

BTW, you can always start an album here, ya know.

NJoy
03-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Well, I got the bright idea, around 12:30 this morning, to detangle and twist my hair. I haven't been to sleep yet and only finished the back half of my hair. I'll probably finish the front later today. I have the ends curled on flexirods. I wish I had perm rods but I don't. Ah well. Let's see how long these twists last.

Tink
03-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Omg! Girl you need a nap! And me too because I've been up since 1:30am. My babies are sick. I decided not to flat iron yesterday. I took a knee high stocking and put it over my Lil ponytail then put on a bonnet before bed. This morning I applied scurl and Shea butter then put just the knee high back on. I am SERIOUS about keeping my ends hidden "all day, errday" (in my Outkast voice). I'm only going to have them out for special occasions. I'll wear bangs though so at least I won't be looking too plain. And I need to go ahead and buy that flexi8 I've been wanting and some cute earrings. I need to accessorize! Well, let me go wake the kids from their naps. If I have time to mix up a new batch of sulfur I'll apply that before I moisturize and seal tonight!

NJoy
03-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Omg! Girl you need a nap! And me too because I've been up since 1:30am. My babies are sick. I decided not to flat iron yesterday. I took a knee high stocking and put it over my Lil ponytail then put on a bonnet before bed. This morning I applied scurl and Shea butter then put just the knee high back on. I am SERIOUS about keeping my ends hidden "all day, errday" (in my Outkast voice). I'm only going to have them out for special occasions. I'll wear bangs though so at least I won't be looking too plain. And I need to go ahead and buy that flexi8 I've been wanting and some cute earrings. I need to accessorize! Well, let me go wake the kids from their naps. If I have time to mix up a new batch of sulfur I'll apply that before I moisturize and seal tonight!

I lasted about 15 minutes after posting that before I had lay down. I got about 3 hours of sleep in so, I'm better now. Sorry your babies are sick. That's not good. And no rest for the weary. Sorry Mommy.

Girl, I don't blame you for not flat ironing and getting your serious protective styling on. When I first started out, my ends rarely saw the light of day. I bunned, baggied and wore a phonytail or half wig. I loved my phonytails tho. I had different lengths, colors, styles that I could switch up on and still sling my pony around. You couldn't tell me nu-thin! :giggling: So much fun.

I have to finish these twists up. Putting them in really allowed me to do a thorough detangling. I wish my hair stayed detangled but, ah well.

I just found out today that I'm going out of town this weekend and have NO idea what I'm going to do with my hair. I'd love to show off the length and am considering at least blowing my roots out, since this would be a good time to do a length check. But, I really don't want to use any heat until my length check in June, when I do my hair for my birthday. Maybe I'll wear a big juicy bun like I did when I went to the Diana Ross concert. :question: Not sure. Anyone have any style suggestions?

Tink
03-26-2012, 08:23 PM
I thought your flexirod set was really cute. Or maybe one of your wigs. Would banding be too much trouble (to straighten your roots a little)

NJoy
03-26-2012, 10:45 PM
I thought your flexirod set was really cute. Or maybe one of your wigs. Would banding be too much trouble (to straighten your roots a little)

Ohhh yeah. That was a curlformer set. Forgot about that. Good suggestion.

Tink
03-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Let us know what you decide! Well today I have 3 bantu knots in the front so I can have some wave to my bangs. I'll probably wear a clip or ezcomb in the back. Don't really care as long as my ends are covered. I'm fighting off a sinus infection/cold or something and I don't feel good at all! Oh! My two oldest children (my step kids) will be in town and I want us to take family pics. I wish I had about 5wks of new growth so my hair wasn't so slick to my head. Gotta figure out a style!

NJoy
03-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Let us know what you decide! Well today I have 3 bantu knots in the front so I can have some wave to my bangs. I'll probably wear a clip or ezcomb in the back. Don't really care as long as my ends are covered. I'm fighting off a sinus infection/cold or something and I don't feel good at all! Oh! My two oldest children (my step kids) will be in town and I want us to take family pics. I wish I had about 5wks of new growth so my hair wasn't so slick to my head. Gotta figure out a style!

Awe Tink. I hope you start feeling better soon. You know I've been struggling with sinus issues and have been sick for at least 2 wks. Just starting to feel a little better now. :bighug:

NJoy
03-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Can you believe I didn't do the front of my hair yet? And I'm tired and trying to readjust sleeping pattern. I tried to go to bed earlier but didn't make it until 3:30 and had to overslept til 7 am. Trying not to fall asleep but I'm sleepy. I doubt if I'll get around to doing anything to my hair today. :yawn:

NJoy
03-28-2012, 04:46 AM
Well, I did the left side, front. I just have the front right side to do. Ah well. It's 3:45 am. My alarm will be going off in less than 2 hours. And today I have to visit my dad in the hospital. When will I learn. No rest for the weary. Wonder if I could detangle and twist my hair at the hospital. :giggling: I have to finish soon. I need to wash my hair at some point. (rambling now)

I think I may flat iron my roots and bun my hair this weekend. If so, I'll probably sneak in a length check. Ehn. We'll see.

NJoy
03-29-2012, 05:50 PM
I finished my twists and curled the ends with perm rods. I really love the results. My hair looks nice and thick, moisturized and very healthy. I don't know about doing a twistout but, the twists look great. :great:

NJoy
03-31-2012, 08:09 PM
I didn't curl my twists last night so, while moisturizing them, I got the urge to trim another inch. I mean, my bonelaxed ends are so skimpy in comparison and it really hits me when I wear twists or braids. So, it's probably not the best way to trim and I'll probably end up with a choppy hemline but, I cut an inch or more off of each twist. I'm planning to trim away my relaxed ends a little at a time this year anyway so, this makes 3 inches cut this year. By the end of the year, and maybe in June, I plan to clean up my hemline using the crea clip to cut.

It's always hard to trim when I first start but, by the 3rd twist, I get bolder and bolder. My ends feel great!

Tink
03-31-2012, 08:39 PM
That's great! I'm still wearing a knee high on my hair to cover my ends. I moisturized with scurl and added Shea butter. I haven't gone back to my sulfur mix yet. Maybe tomorrow... I am sooo tired and still trying to recover from being sick.

mividabella
03-31-2012, 09:02 PM
Just applied a new sulfur mix and massaged it in. I added sulfur to some Hot 6 oil, it smells so good.

NJoy
04-01-2012, 01:42 PM
I did a scalp massage yesterday with coconut oil and my scalp and face started itching. I rinsed my scalp with an acv rinse...just in case. I hope I'm not developing a sensitivity to coconut oil. My hair loves it. But just in case, I'm gonna stop putting it on my scalp and see what happens.

Good morning, ladies. :hiya:

Tink
04-02-2012, 10:53 AM
I don't think I've ever used coconut oil on my scalp but my hair loves it too! Maybe just use it on your hair only? What brand do you use? Today, my ends are still protected with my stocking. They've barely seen the light of day! I'll switch to my ezcomb when it's time to leave the house to run errands. I'm one week post and ready to wash. It isn't a good time to henna but I do feel the need for some protein. Maybe I'll do the Aphogee 2-step...

NJoy
04-02-2012, 09:21 PM
I don't think I've ever used coconut oil on my scalp but my hair loves it too! Maybe just use it on your hair only? What brand do you use? Today, my ends are still protected with my stocking. They've barely seen the light of day! I'll switch to my ezcomb when it's time to leave the house to run errands. I'm one week post and ready to wash. It isn't a good time to henna but I do feel the need for some protein. Maybe I'll do the Aphogee 2-step...

First, I think Aphogee 2 step is a good choice. I've always used this for a light protein or add egg to my DC.

As for the CO, I use Nature's Way Efa Gold Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. I've never had a problem with it before and, like I said, my hair loves it.

And I want to henna so bad so that I can indigo these grays showing out in my hairline. But again, with the pollen torturing my allergies, I'd better stay away from henna for now.

As for today, I rinsed my twists in the shower and then moisturized before pulling them into a damp bun and flattening my hair with a satin scarf. I gotta say, it's been awhile since I damp bunned and seeing my hair laying flat close to my head is sort of strange. I'm tempted to take the twists out just to be sure that my thickness is still there.

My hair is getting more manageable the further I get along in this stretch and I'm wondering if there's a problem. :giggling:

Tink
04-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Manageability is key to a successful stretch! I'm so glad that's working for you :yay:

NJoy
04-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Knock on wood. :giggling:

Divalicious
04-04-2012, 02:08 AM
Sorry I've been M.I.A. I've been without a computer and just bought a laptop. Finally!! Now I can do a better job at keeping up with the thread that I started.

I just texlaxed my hair yesterday at 15 weeks post and I think I severely underprocessed. I can't decide whether to do a corrective in a couple weeks or just go with it and hide my hair under a weave.

Njoy, are u knee length yet? lol. Time to go read some past posts to catch up. :)

Divalicious
04-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Good morning! It's hump day and I'm really looking forward to the weekend.

Planning to lightly flat iron my roots today to make it easier to part my hair for my weave install on Friday. There's no way that anyone can get a comb through my roots as they are now. :nerves:

NJoy
04-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Sorry I've been M.I.A. I've been without a computer and just bought a laptop. Finally!! Now I can do a better job at keeping up with the thread that I started.

I just texlaxed my hair yesterday at 15 weeks post and I think I severely underprocessed. I can't decide whether to do a corrective in a couple weeks or just go with it and hide my hair under a weave.

Njoy, are u knee length yet? lol. Time to go read some past posts to catch up. :)

I wondered what happened. I'm glad to have you back with us.

I think if you're planning to weave it up, you may as well not go thru the trouble of doing a corrective. Plus, aren't you planning to transition anyway? :question:

LOL @ knee length. You got jokes. :giggling:

mividabella
04-06-2012, 09:16 PM
I miss my hair, and I don't want dreds...so these babies are coming out... by Sunday!:giggling:

NJoy
04-06-2012, 10:24 PM
I hear ya. I'm taking out these twists as we speak. the cuteness has worn off. I think I'll move on to bunning...if possible.

NJoy
04-07-2012, 02:14 PM
About to wash this hair. It's in 3 braids right now, feeling so thick...because it was in the twists, I'm sure. I think I'm going to try to see if I can get it in a high bun and wear a phonytail today. If so, I'm going to buy a couple more phonytails to wear over my buns for awhile. It's sundress season around here. I love wearing phonytails with my sundresses. I feel so girly. :reddancer: But again, this depends on whether my hair will allow it without tangling. I'll keep you posted.

mividabella
04-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Last night, I took out 2 braids and got tired. I still have 24 more left. This is going to be hard.:nerves:

Divalicious
04-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Just got a new install yesterday. It felt so good not having to worry about what to do with my hair today. I hope to keep this in for a month but I'll be happy with anything over 2 wks.

NJoy
04-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Last night, I took out 2 braids and got tired. I still have 24 more left. This is going to be hard.:nerves:

:LMAO: Too funny!

mividabella
04-08-2012, 03:32 PM
^^I told my mom I didn't want a million braids. I swear everytime I take out braids, I still feel a million more. I flat-ironed a small piece and am happy with my length. Only 4 more inches (lines) on my shirt before my goal. I'm so excited!

Divalicious
04-10-2012, 11:12 AM

Did you ever finish getting all the braids out? :giggling:

Bella
04-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Coming out of lurkdom to report that I got and inch in newgrowth last month. My normal growth rate is about .5 inch a month but, I started massaging with sulfur oil and I got an inch. I hope it's not a fluke.

I'm cowashing daily and wet bun now that the weather's nice. So far, so good. :great:

mividabella
04-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Did you ever finish getting all the braids out? :giggling:

Er...uh...:peep:that's why I haven't been posting...I'm not finished as of yet.

mividabella
04-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Coming out of lurkdom to report that I got and inch in newgrowth last month. My normal growth rate is about .5 inch a month but, I started massaging with sulfur oil and I got an inch. I hope it's not a fluke.

I'm cowashing daily and wet bun now that the weather's nice. So far, so good. :great:

Great Job Bella! That's not a fluke, that's great hair care practices! Sulfur really does work! KUTGW!:clap2:

NJoy
04-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Er...uh...:peep:that's why I haven't been posting...I'm not finished as of yet.

:giggling: Poor baby. I know the feeling. How much further?

mividabella
04-10-2012, 06:57 PM
^^^ 13 more...going to try to finish tonight.

NJoy
04-11-2012, 02:16 AM
^^^ I hope you get it done tonight and enjoy the thickness of freshly unbraided hair.

Well, I've been wearing my hair in a bun for the past three days and I had a little ecostyler gel mixed with castor oil on my edges. Needless to say, my edges were ratchet today after being under a plastic cap and then airdrying in a really loose bun. I just thought it was time to deal with my ng that was hidden beneath the smoothed edges of my bunned doo.

I did a yogurt and coconut cream DC to loosen the curl pattern. It always works great and allows me to moisturize and have nice, soft, moisturized hair in the morning. I'm in 4 twists right now. Oh, and I'm 51 wks post and that one of the best detangling sessions...IN THE SHOWER, no less... than I've had in a long time. The lactic acid in the yogurt really works to soften and loosen up the ng. I think I'll do it again before I henna....which I hope to do soon.

I'm debating on whether to do a length check of if I should stay on track with my trimming. I think seeing my length out will keep me from wanting to trim but, I really want to thicken my hemline and get rid of these bonelaxed ends. We'll see tho.

Meantime, I'm really pleased with how my hair is feeling right now. :humble:

mividabella
04-15-2012, 12:44 PM
I finally took down my last braid yesterday. Applied sulfur and am going to dc later on tonight.

NJoy
04-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Tomorrow, I'll be 52 weeks post and I'm really missing the ease of my fully relaxed hair. (had to get that out)

Also, I'm seriously in need of indigo for my hairline. I have grays starting a party with no invite. Ah well.

NJoy
04-18-2012, 09:54 PM
I've been detangling my hair for the past 3 days or so. I'm trying to take my time but, I get so frustrated and just stop. *sigh* Getting back on it tonight. *sigh* Yep. 52 wks post.

NJoy
04-30-2012, 06:31 AM
Woops. I've been posting everywhere but here. To update, I did eventually get my hair completely detangled and learned a few things in the process. First of all, I panick too easily. :giggling: It felt like my hair was majorly matted and tangled but it was just compacted by shrinkage and clumped together because I'd let products sit on my scalp without washing out frequently enough. So, I finally ended up using some aloe vera juice (avj) to loosen up the clumping so that I could pull the hair apart in small sections, and pull the strands downward to release the hair caught up in the shrinkage. Now I know. But, I blogged about all that and what happed next. On to today.

I went to the Hair Show over the weekend and have a few purchases that I'm dying to try out. Besides henna, which I need to get to eventually, I bought a few things from Oyin Handmade. So many people rave about Hair Dew and Honey Hemp that I just had to buy to try for myself. So, those will be the first things that I check out from my haul. :yahoo: I'm very excited!

NJoy
05-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Finally gonna henna/indigo. Prepping the henna now. Will apply later tonight and indigo tomorrow. Finally!!! :yay:

mividabella
05-03-2012, 05:33 PM
I flat-ironed my hair on Wednesday. I will probably make a thread because I need tips. However, I am loving the easy bun daily without breaking my arm to detangle and the (almost) non-existent shrinkage.

NJoy
05-04-2012, 12:24 PM
^^^Mividabella, any, uh...:pics: (yeah, I'm greedy :popcorn2:)

As for me, I didn't get the chance to put the henna in last night. I did that today. But last night I detangled and put my hair in chunky twists. I gotta tell you, twists always provoke me to cut. It's those relaxed ends hanging off my natural thickness that does it. So, I think I'm gonna get more aggressive with my trims. I've been doing an inch at a time. I think my next trim will be 2-3 inches. Yeah, I said it! I think that should get rid of most, if not all of my relaxed ends. I think there's enough time left in this year to recover and it will still leave my hair with a decent length. Now, as for my trim, I'm trying to trim by moon phases and for this month, my next best date will be on the 23rd.

So for now, I'm hoping the henna will thicken my strands. Henna and indigo is an all-day event so, we'll see if I feel like indigo after this. But my hairline sure does need it.

mividabella
05-04-2012, 06:27 PM
^^^Mividabella, any, uh...:pics: (yeah, I'm greedy :popcorn2:)

Sure, NJoy, anything for you! But it's really nothing to write home about. My skills need lots of work. 385

My issue is that I can't get my hair skrate enough, yes skrate, to show my true length. I have poufy roots and it looks like a blow out. Although I've seen ppl walk out the house with their hair "straight" like mine, I really want the swang, the length, everything. I'm greedy. Since my hair isn't super straight, it feels really, really short.

Oh, and I should have moved the towels. Sorry, :giggling:.

NJoy
05-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Sure, NJoy, anything for you! But it's really nothing to write home about. My skills need lots of work. 385

My issue is that I can't get my hair skrate enough, yes skrate, to show my true length. I have poufy roots and it looks like a blow out. Although I've seen ppl walk out the house with their hair "straight" like mine, I really want the swang, the length, everything. I'm greedy. Since my hair isn't super straight, it feels really, really short.

Oh, and I should have moved the towels. Sorry, :giggling:.

Thanks for my pic fix. I hear you on not getting it bone straight. I'm the last one to share flat ironing skills but, I've learned that doing it in smaller sections makes it come out straigther. And sometimes, the wrong or too much product will keep your hair from getting that swang too. I've found that using crisco for flat ironing straightens the hair great. It leaves my hair feeling straight and healthy but, I haven't done it enough times to speak on the swang factor.

But have you tried the sarah wrap technique after straightening your hair? Check out this video

http://youtu.be/QDOPWlDylV4

That may help with the swang factor.

Let me know what you think. This is one of my favorite videos.

NJoy
05-06-2012, 04:14 PM
I almost that forgot I was coming to the thread to post my recent activities. :giggling:

So, I did henna and indigo my hair. At some point afterwards, I started to feel really discouraged with my relaxed ends (that pretty much always happens when my hair's wet tho). I started thinking about getting a bit more aggressive with trimming my ends to transition to natural so, I was thinking that I'd cut another 2-3 inches on the 23rd of this month. Then, the next day, my hair was still sort of damp and I had to do my son's birthday party and put my hair in ponytails and wrapped my hair in a scarf while it continued to dry. The weather was nice and I started to feel upset with not having cute wash and go styling options. Then I started regretting the whole idea of transitioning. I shared with a few friends that my hair was growing fine and easier to manage while I was relaxed. I was threatening to get back on the box.

I decided I wanted to see what my ends are looking like. I was prepared for my hemline to look butchered (since I usually trim in braids) and expected to see thin ends. But what I saw was thick, beautiful, healthy looking hair. I only really focused on flat ironing the natural sections, skipping my ends, which I thought didn't need the heat. My hair looks way better than it seems when it's wet and in protectives styles.

I didn't complete flat ironing because I had to stop to go watch the Mayweather/Cotto fight last night. But, I hope to finish lightly flat ironing and then trying to cornrow while I can part my hair. :giggling: So far, I'm loving it tho. :infatuated:

Divalicious
05-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Just had my hair put in crochet braids. I hope to keep this in for a month or two. I'll have to see how it goes. This is my first time having crochet braids. I like them!

NJoy
05-10-2012, 01:40 AM
Washed my hair tonight. Still in twists. My twists are frenchbraided in 2 pocahontas braids. I still have to moisturize and seal but I'm soooo tired.

Tink
05-10-2012, 04:43 AM
I have no idea where my scarf is so I've been going without it for 2 weeks! I don't want to lose the progress I've made so I just may have to buy a new one tomorrow. I guess I'm the type of person who needs to keep a few extras on hand. I'm also wanting to trim an inch to make my ends look thicker but I'll try to hold off for a few more months... sigh

NJoy
05-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Massaging sulfur cream mix on scalp and remoisturizing my hair. I did a quick moisturizing last night but want to do a better job.

@Tink, definitely keep a few scarves on hand. :great:

NJoy
05-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Nothing special today besides the normal. Looking forward to a good steam DC and a trim. So far, the trim is scheduled tentatively for the 23rd. I hope to DC within the next few days.

Tink
05-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Dealing with major product buildup on my scalp. Must rectify that today. I'm frustrated that my satin scarf refuses to stay on my head at night. I wonder if Hubby is secretly snatching it off lol

NJoy
05-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Dealing with major product buildup on my scalp. Must rectify that today. I'm frustrated that my satin scarf refuses to stay on my head at night. I wonder if Hubby is secretly snatching it off lol

:lmao: I know my hubby must think about snatching mine off sometimes for real. :giggling:

Since you said you're dealing with build up, you may have already clarified by now but, a good way to get rid of scalp build up (besides clarifying with a sls poo) is a brown sugar scalp scrub. Mix up a 1:3 ratio of brown sugar to conditioner. This will gently exfoliate and rid your scalp of build up without stripping the natural oils.

When I'm regularly using oils on my scalp, I take care to prevent build up by doing a scalp only poo (I alternate between sls and non-sls poo. Not same wash tho) or doing a periodic scalp scrub. I like to steam after cleansing my scalp just to be sure that once the build up is gone, the pores are properly cleared.

Now that I mention it, I think I'll do that tonight before my DC. Oh, and a general non-sls poo suggestion is MillCreek Biotin or Nature's Gate Biotin poos. I LOVE the tingle that you get using these (and their conditioners too). Makes my scalp feel awesome!

Tink
05-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Can I mix the brown sugar with shampoo?

NJoy
05-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Can I mix the brown sugar with shampoo?

Yeah. I suppose you can. The point is, the brown sugar will scrub your scalp to break up the build up. This is a good option to break down build up on your scalp when you don't want to use a sls poo. But, there's nothing to stop you from using with regular poo.

Do whatcha gotta do and get back on track, mama! :great:

Tink
05-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks! I will let you know how it turns out!

NJoy
05-15-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm really loving my hair, my hair journey and expected growth today. Oh, I've done nothing special. Just glad all is well and I'm not fighting my hair.

Looking forward to a scalp treatment and massage later tonight.

Tink
05-16-2012, 04:18 PM
So I mixed the brown sugar in with the shampoo for my wash. Turned out good but not great. I think it had more to do with my technique and being in a hurry. At first I was concerned that I didn't get my scalp clean enough but now it seems like I did so I'm happy! I plan to use my sulfur mix and cowash in the morning =)

Tink
05-17-2012, 04:51 PM
I used my sulfur mix last night and cowashed after my morning workout. I applied scurl to my damp hair followed by my Shea butter mix. Everything went well and I'm almost done air drying. I'm about six weeks post I think and I plan to relax at 10-12 weeks (late June).

NJoy
05-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Received my Willie Morrow blow dryer comb attachment that many have been raving about. It's hard to find but I ordered one online and paid thirty-six bucks, including shipping. Guess what. This adjustable knozzle touted to fit any dryer didn't fit any of my 3 nozzled blowdryers. :rolleyes: So, I went out and bought yet another blowdryer...to fit my nozzle. :doh:

I haven't used it yet but intend to. This is in preparation for my flat iron next month. I plan to wash, DC, stretch (banding or chunky twists), airdry about 80%, blowdry on cool til dry, then light flat iron. I'm hoping having the nozzle on my ionic blowdryer will help to smooth my hair even before flat ironing. Depending on how it looks, I may even be able to skip flat ironing altogether and just do a saran wrap treatment to silken the results.

I also am hoping the comb attachment will help to sratighten my daughter's extra thick, natural hair. We'll see.

I'm anxious to do a light blowout today but, I'm not feeling well. Pollen has my allergies on full alert and hubby wants to get the family out of the house to do something fun today. Allergies + out-and-about = trouble for me. :ill: Ah well. We'll see.

NJoy
05-20-2012, 01:51 AM
I plan to cowash tomorrow so tonight I did a scalp massage w/sulfur mix and moisturized my twists. I've been braiding my twist lately and feeling pretty ok with that. I'm not sure that I'm going to start doing much more than that since I'm going hard for 30 days. I'll try out my new blowdryer nozzle on my 11-yr old's hair since she's wanting to wear straighter styles. Ok, I'm saying that now but, I have a new toy. We'll see. :giggle:

I'm out of hair vites but, other than that, I'm ready to start going hard...on Monday. The only thing that's keeping me from saying that I'm starting right now is I'm eating crazy this weekend and not drinking enough water. I'll do better...starting Monday. Anyone else wanna go hard with me for 30 days? I've started a thread. Come on over and join in. :great: