PDA

View Full Version : What are your hair goals?

Ravengirl
06-27-2011, 06:16 PM
So... let's liven things up a bit! What is everyone's hair state (natural or relaxed), current length, and their hair goals?

I'll go first. :cool:

My hair has been 100% since my big chop back in Nov. 2010. I have been growing my hair out since May 2010 and made SL within a year this past April/May. My short-term goal is to be APL by this time next year and BSL by the end of 2012 because I consider that to be long hair. I dream of one day having tailbone length or classic length hair in the long run. :o

ETA: Oh, I forgot to really say why I want long hair... I think it is very feminine, beautiful, and sexy and I really want to have a huge afro that blocks the sun one day!

NJoy
06-27-2011, 07:38 PM
So... let's liven things up a bit! What is everyone's hair state (natural or relaxed), current length, and their hair goals?

I'll go first. :cool:

My hair has been 100% since my big chop back in Nov. 2010. I have been growing my hair out since May 2010 and made SL within a year this past April/May. My short-term goal is to be APL by this time next year and BSL by the end of 2012 because I consider that to be long hair. I dream of one day having tailbone length or classic length hair in the long run. :o

ETA: Oh, I forgot to really say why I want long hair... I think it is very feminine, beautiful, and sexy and I really want to have a huge afro that blocks the sun one day!

LOL @ bolded!!!

I'm texlaxed with relaxed ends. Thinking about transitioning after I reach my goal of Hip Length but, happy with texlaxed for now. I've been growing my hair since Jan 2010 and went from SL to grazing WL in 2010. I started my hhj with a freshly layered cut, which I regret to this day. So, part of my hair goal is to grow out most, if not all, of the layering. Who knows tho. I've been kicking around the idea of tailbone length to because I want to be able to wear my hair in big, bouncy curls and have them hang around WL. I'm thinking that will require HL to TBL hair. Whaddya think?

Ravengirl
06-27-2011, 07:52 PM
I've been kicking around the idea of tailbone length to because I want to be able to wear my hair in big, bouncy curls and have them hang around WL. I'm thinking that will require HL to TBL hair. Whaddya think?
Mmmm I hadn't thought about that... since you're texlaxed your hair shouldn't shrink up too much. How much does it shrink up now compared to when it is stretched?

Divalicious
06-27-2011, 07:56 PM
I voted Midback length for my ultimate goal. I'm currently about an inch away from apl and texlaxed, thinking of transitioning to natural. Again! I've tried a few times but usually give up when I start having issues with detangling.

Ravengirl
06-27-2011, 08:00 PM
I voted Midback length for my ultimate goal. I'm currently about an inch away from apl and texlaxed, thinking of transitioning to natural. Again! I've tried a few times but usually give up when I start having issues with detangling.
Yeah, detangling can be rough with natural hair if you're not used to it. I took my time to gently detangle my hair over the past weekend and it took almost 2 hours! :eek:
So why MBL and not longer?

NJoy
06-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Mmmm I hadn't thought about that... since you're texlaxed your hair shouldn't shrink up too much. How much does it shrink up now compared to when it is stretched?

I'm gonna say 25-30% shrinkage because my texlaxes are light. But, add the fact that it's the big, glam curls that I want, and that will bring the hair up quite a bit. I'd like to learn to rollerset and just comb the curls downward instead of flat ironing and then using Caruso Rollers (which is my plan). But, I'm SO not good at rollersetting. Well, let me rephrase that. I'm SO not good at sitting under the dryer until my hair is dry. lol.

FoxyLocks
06-27-2011, 08:39 PM
I'd love to have waistlength hair!!!! I'm newly natural. BC back in March. My current length is almost Collarbone length. I hope that I can get to waist by the end of 2013!

Afro_Chic
06-27-2011, 09:15 PM
I voted for mbl but, if I could get an afro that blocks out the sun, I wouldn't complain. lmao.

Afro_Chic
06-27-2011, 09:17 PM
sorry. forgot to say that i'm 100% natural, sl and braiding my way to mbl.

NJoy
06-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Wow, Foxy! That's a huge avatar. Cute tho. lol

FoxyLocks
06-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Whoa! How do I resize that?

FoxyLocks
06-29-2011, 01:50 PM
How ya like me now? lol

Lawyer2be371
07-04-2011, 02:20 AM
I voted waist length I'm going for MBL this year...I suffered color damage the end of last year thru March finally got the damage under control so I'm sad on one hand that I'm notvat my goal I should have been but happy my hair is growing back....I think insight be done with color or i won't go as light and not take the color all the way to the roots

Ms. D
07-05-2011, 11:30 PM
My goal is full BSL. I hope to make that by my 3yr anniversary in May/June 2012. I started off at a little above neck length. Right now I am full APL. I have a long torso (I'm also 6ft tall) so it takes me over 8 months to meet each milestone.

NJoy
07-07-2011, 01:48 PM
I voted waist length I'm going for MBL this year...I suffered color damage the end of last year thru March finally got the damage under control so I'm sad on one hand that I'm notvat my goal I should have been but happy my hair is growing back....I think insight be done with color or i won't go as light and not take the color all the way to the roots

Lawyer2be371 What length are you now and how much did you have to cut back?

My goal is full BSL. I hope to make that by my 3yr anniversary in May/June 2012. I started off at a little above neck length. Right now I am full APL. I have a long torso (I'm also 6ft tall) so it takes me over 8 months to meet each milestone.

Ms. D
Sounds like you're making good progress. KUTGW!

Blessed1
07-12-2011, 12:14 PM
I voted BSL. But, I may change that to MBL. Who know.

Lovetoinspire
07-12-2011, 11:08 PM
I want my hair to be long enough to tickle my lower back like butterfly wings. I am faithful!

Serenity
07-15-2011, 12:17 PM
I voted for tailbone. Im nowhere near that now. I'm only SL but I'm visualizing TL and I can see myself there one day.

Sweet_Intent
07-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Iam a relaxed head currently an inch from APL and all I crave for is thick luscious healthy hair that I can put it in a ponytail and have it swinging at BSL. Nothing longer for me cuz then thats just tooo much hair (uuuh did I really just say that??)

Tink
07-21-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm 4a/b relaxed and I'm between SL and APL. I think I have about 3.5 inches before I'm APL. My goal is full MBL but once I reach that goal I'll probably see if I can grow my hair to waist or hip length just out of curiosity. After that, I'll probably cut it back to MBL.

Sweet_Intent
07-21-2011, 04:16 PM

Iam about to make my 2year... I also started at Neck Length and finally seem to be at APL (WOO Hooo). I stand tall at 5'8 so I feel you about the long torso

ebsalita
08-04-2011, 06:48 PM
I voted MBL - seems every time I vote in one of these polls my desired length increases... I don't want to seem greedy, but the more I read and learn the more I am convinced that these longer lengths are possible for me.

I'm natural 4b fine haired medium density, currently just below CBL and hoping to get to armpit length by the end of the year I would like to be BSL by June 2012 and then MBL by 2013.

NJoy
08-04-2011, 10:20 PM
I voted MBL - seems every time I vote in one of these polls my desired length increases... I don't want to seem greedy, but the more I read and learn the more I am convinced that these longer lengths are possible for me.

I'm natural 4b fine haired medium density, currently just below CBL and hoping to get to armpit length by the end of the year I would like to be BSL by June 2012 and then MBL by 2013.

Girl, it has nothing to do with greed. It's your hair. Whatever you want, go for it. I started last year wanting MBL hair. I didn't see the need for anything longer than that! But, the closer I got, the longer my goal got. My goal is hip length now. I'm trying to leave it there but... let's just say, we'll see. :lol:

I was above apl when I started last year and full MBL/grazing WL by the end of the year. Anything's possible. :thumb:

ebsalita
08-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Cheers Njoy - I'm doing everything I can to ensure that I get there. I can't wait to see what my hair will look like that long...

Girl, it has nothing to do with greed. It's your hair. Whatever you want, go for it. I started last year wanting MBL hair. I didn't see the need for anything longer than that! But, the closer I got, the longer my goal got. My goal is hip length now. I'm trying to leave it there but... let's just say, we'll see. :lol:

I was above apl when I started last year and full MBL/grazing WL by the end of the year. Anything's possible. :thumb:

GoalsDreamsWishes
08-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Right now I am in transition mode for good and I am so loving it. I am APL and growing my hair out to MBL..

NJoy
08-07-2011, 11:42 PM
^^ How long have you been transitioning. Details, mama!

Get More Joy
08-08-2011, 07:19 PM
I thought I posted in here, but I guess I only voted. I am natural and currently BSL. My immediate goal is WL.

Ms_B_Haven06
08-09-2011, 03:12 AM
MBL.... thats my goal FOR NOW :giggle:

NJoy
08-09-2011, 05:49 PM
MBL.... thats my goal FOR NOW :giggle:

:giggle: Right? Because you know the closer you get, the more likely you'll change your goal. I started out wanting positively wanting no longer than MBL. Then I moved it to WL. Now HL and eyeing TBL. If anyone told me I'd be considering TBL before, I would've argued up and down that there was no need for anything longer than the beautiful MBL. :giggle:

Where are you now?

mividabella
11-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Oops, I didn't know this thread was here. :giggle:

But I voted for WL...
What is everyone's hair state (natural or relaxed), current length, and their hair goals?

natural/length unsure (photo on profile), healthy ends, learn how to style natural hair and flat-iron

NJoy
11-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Oops, I didn't know this thread was here. :giggle:

But I voted for WL...
What is everyone's hair state (natural or relaxed), current length, and their hair goals?

natural/length unsure (photo on profile), healthy ends, learn how to style natural hair and flat-iron

I'm texlaxed with about 5 inches of bonelaxed ends. I hit HL in Sept and trimmed an inch off so, hopefully I'm back at HL now but haven't checked. My hair goal is texlaxed HL (or maybe W'Hip, between WL and HL). I'm kicking around the idea of transitioning to natural but I want to be able to show decent length without always having to flat iron my hair. I don't have the patience to flat iron regularly. Meh, we'll see.

mividabella
11-04-2011, 11:26 PM
I'm texlaxed with about 5 inches of bonelaxed ends. I hit HL in Sept and trimmed an inch off so, hopefully I'm back at HL now but haven't checked. My hair goal is texlaxed HL (or maybe W'Hip, between WL and HL). I'm kicking around the idea of transitioning to natural but I want to be able to show decent length without always having to flat iron my hair. I don't have the patience to flat iron regularly. Meh, we'll see.

That's my problem, I can't show any length. My hair looks SL all day, but I would really like to wear my hair straight most of the time. I would texlax but I'm scared since I had a bad experience.

Jayla
04-06-2015, 07:11 PM
I'm currently transitioning and plan to bc the end of October this year. My total length now is APL, while my natural hair is like 8.5" after 17mos of average growth (just found out about this forum. Now I'm aiming for 1" a month! :yahoo: ). I want my natural hair to be about 6-7" longer when I bc with a 1"/month mentality. My major hair goal is either cl or bsl curly, depending if cl is bsl curly or if I need to grow my hair longer because it's 4a and THE SHRINKAGE IS REAL lol but I love my shrinkage